+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Whilst we wait...

Quote Originally Posted by RarePie View Post
    if I had enough money, fill in the corners of the ground.
    I don't get this filling in the corners thing at all. I know it's common at all new stadia, but it gives a bloody awful view of the game. I don't like sitting behind a goal, but having a view when the corner flag is closest to the pitch is beyond awful. The worst view I had in 50 years of spectating was when Rotherham played at the Don Valley stadium, and because it was built for athletics you needed binoculars to see what was happening at the other end of the pitch. The best 'new build' I have experienced was the Pirelli Stadium at Burton Albion. A traditional four stand ground like Meadow Lane but on a smaller scale.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I don't get this filling in the corners thing at all.
    Plus not doing so lets a little sunshine in and boy could we do with some more of that at Notts

The worst view I had in 50 years of spectating was when Rotherham played at the Don Valley stadium, and because it was built for athletics you needed binoculars to see what was happening at the other end of the pitch.
    Ive a feeling Gateshead may be similar. Not 100% sure though.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Plus not doing so lets a little sunshine in and boy could we do with some more of that at Notts
    Alight alright.... I'll ditch the corners and build another tier on the Jimmy S stand. In fact come to think of it will just a do a rebujild a bit like the new White Hart Lane but just a 50k capacity

Quote Originally Posted by Pietastic View Post
    Alight alright.... I'll ditch the corners and build another tier on the Jimmy S stand. In fact come to think of it will just a do a rebujild a bit like the new White Hart Lane but just a 50k capacity
    Now you're talking

The worst view I had in 50 years of spectating was when Rotherham played at the Don Valley stadium, and because it was built for athletics you needed binoculars to see what was happening at the other end of the pitch.
    When I went we were tucked so far away in the corner that we needed binoculars to see the NEAR end of the pitch. The other end was a bus ride away!

To guarantee success I would take the £900m and build a time machine to take me back to the day Jimmy Sirrel walked into Meadow Lane

Quote Originally Posted by centenarypie View Post
    To guarantee success I would take the £900m and build a time machine to take me back to the day Jimmy Sirrel walked into Meadow Lane
    Given the money that was about to come in to football, surely if you were going back in time it would be the day after we secured promotion to the old Division 1, the season before the ‘Sky Premiership’ kicked in?

If you mean removing the name of Haydn Green, I hope you never take ownership of the club.
    Don't worry he won't!

A decent away trip for me of 25 minutes! A terrible ground for football. Not just the view. You could hear everything the players said to each other, - much like a Sunday league game. And 0-0 to boot. Rotherham were rescued by a good Chairman though in Tony Stewart, who had the vision to get the Club away from it's previous ownership and ground, and develop what is now the New York Stadium. Those years at the Don Valley were hell for their fans, I know because I worked with some during that period.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast