+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Whilst we wait...

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    If you mean removing the name of Haydn Green, I hope you never take ownership of the club.
    I must admit I thought I'd misread that bit at first too

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    I must admit I thought I'd misread that bit at first too
    900 million more like 900 grand
    The only fish we are going to be able to fry are aldi fish fingers

By the way the bit you quote is related to the renaming of the Haydn Green stand, not the £900m rumour
    Last edited by SwalePie; 17-05-2019 at 12:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by viper68 View Post
    900 million more like 900 grand
    The only fish we are going to be able to fry are aldi fish fingers
    Well they're awfully nice. Taste like chicken.

Try changing the oil

Quote Originally Posted by viper68 View Post
    Try changing the oil
    Oil you say? Not bl**dy Munto again...

I would buy the club and appoint MiG as owner (to get round the two club rule) so I could use whatever it took of the £900 million to buy Forest. I would then cut their player budget by 90%, and increase their admission prices tenfold. Job's a good'un.
    Risky, they might play better without all the Big Time Charlies.

I would rebuild our ground by the Trent directly facing theirs. To avoid the flooding risk, I would build it like an Aztec temple on the top of a stepped platform. I would then build a dam further down the Trent rendering their ground useless. Access to the New Meadow Lane would, of course, still be possible by monorail.

If you mean removing the name of Haydn Green, I hope you never take ownership of the club.
    I didn't mean removing the name if Haydn Green, it was more about removing the 'Family Stand' part, to reflect that it would be now for the away fans.

An oversight on my behalf, I apologise!

Quote Originally Posted by rorylee View Post
    * Ban myself from this site.
    * Create a media team and use them as the official and ONLY mouthpiece for the club.
    * Spend £50/60 million on our own training ground. With a small 2000 seater/standing for youth team and development squad.
    * Invest same again into youth development. School buildings, scouting system, youth coaches with proven track record. Try and make us as appealing to good young footballers as possible.
    * Write off any debts the club has.
    * Appoint a proven manager and backroom staff no matter what the cost, who have success at this level and a higher. These must have played attacking football...because it's my club now and that's what I want.
    * A kit deal with Nike or Adidas....not bothered about the cost and I want a decent return on each shirt sold.
    * A huge marketing campaign across Nottingham highlighting new kit and the new modern way I'm trying to take the club. It's going to be bold and fresh and aimed mainly at the under 30s.
    * Open a club shop in Victoria Centre utilising strong modern merchandising techniques and have a complete clear out of any tacky novelty items and maintain strong consistent brand imaging on all items. I realise initially this will be very quiet but its basically a more 'in your face' marketing tool that Forest dont have. Club shop at ground only open match days now and refitted to same style as outlet in Victoria Centre.
    * Make sure I'm still not posting on social media.
    * Look at reducing season ticket prices and also the possibility of eliminating child prices all together.
    * Create a mixed fan park on the land behind the kop, rides, attractions, mascot meets, food stalls, beer stalls....something to make matchday experience for everyone.....from either side.
    * Build a giant video scoreboard in 1 corner....I just want one and its my club!
    * Install LED advertising hoardings all around the stadium to maximise income.

Obviously, I dont know how much is feasible.....I was just bored on the train and thought I'd take a shot!
    Decent this. I'd stick the big video scoreboard in the corner of the Haydn Green and Pavis stands to get rid of that awful view, then another in the opposite corner so I could see one easily from my perch in the Main Stand .

I'd also sort out a deal with St George's Park to use their facilities again until the training ground was set up as that wouldn't be something you could do that quickly.

I'd also have a Notts County TV team that use YouTube and social media to the fullest extent, providing loads of content like behind the scenes stuff and weekly shows

Monorail Interchange Station with seven different routes across the city and one to Sheffield (where I live) if that isn't too extravagant.

Fill in cornering of a couple of the stands and an extra tier on top of the family stand.

Floodlights along the top of the Pavis stand

Keep Ardley and have a £700m playing budget. but only have a squad of 20. Hard working talented free flowing football sort of players.

Proper black and white strpies kit without the gold down the top and sides.

Invest the lot in an off shore tax haven... use the interest accrued to invest in the squad and developing the infrastructure. Even a 1% return would yield 9m. Enough a season to take us to the Championship within *cough cough* 5 years.
    Oh and I would vote Tories to help keep my money tax free.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast