+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Whilst we wait...

Whilst we wait...

Let’s play a game of ‘Fantasy Football Club Owners’.

With the current takeover rumours igniting our hopes, expectations...and fears, it got me wondering how I would go about taking over the current Notts County club.

You’ve got 900 million to build the club from where it is now. Where would you start? What would you change....and how would you go about toppling the Forest monopoly fan base to build Notts into a sustainable Championship side?

What kind of owner would you be....spend quick to appease the fans or start slowly building from the bottom through training facilities and focusing on home grown players?

So many questions and scenarios to ponder.

Quote Originally Posted by TSANHO View Post
    You’ve got 900 million to build the club from where it is now. Where would you start? What would you change....and how would you go about toppling the Forest monopoly fan base to build Notts into a sustainable Championship side?
    I would buy the club and appoint MiG as owner (to get round the two club rule) so I could use whatever it took of the £900 million to buy Forest. I would then cut their player budget by 90%, and increase their admission prices tenfold. Job's a good'un.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I would buy the club and appoint MiG as owner (to get round the two club rule) so I could use whatever it took of the £900 million to buy Forest. I would then cut their player budget by 90%, and increase their admission prices tenfold. Job's a good'un.
    Bugger. It was a race to the finish line but you beat me to it

Haha definitely. We need to stabilise first and full most, get DOF who’s strong on recruitment and build a squad of no more than 25 players that is tight knit. It needs to be an energetic and strong squad with hungry players wanting to progress into the football league with a few old heads with know how. I really hope Notts use the position of being the biggest club in that league to their advantage and not for players to come and get a silly wage as if I was a player wanting to progress and push on then surely Notts is a lot more appetising than most the clubs in that league and just incentivise them on a promotion bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post

I like your style

* Ban myself from this site.
    * Create a media team and use them as the official and ONLY mouthpiece for the club.
    * Spend £50/60 million on our own training ground. With a small 2000 seater/standing for youth team and development squad.
    * Invest same again into youth development. School buildings, scouting system, youth coaches with proven track record. Try and make us as appealing to good young footballers as possible.
    * Write off any debts the club has.
    * Appoint a proven manager and backroom staff no matter what the cost, who have success at this level and a higher. These must have played attacking football...because it's my club now and that's what I want.
    * A kit deal with Nike or Adidas....not bothered about the cost and I want a decent return on each shirt sold.
    * A huge marketing campaign across Nottingham highlighting new kit and the new modern way I'm trying to take the club. It's going to be bold and fresh and aimed mainly at the under 30s.
    * Open a club shop in Victoria Centre utilising strong modern merchandising techniques and have a complete clear out of any tacky novelty items and maintain strong consistent brand imaging on all items. I realise initially this will be very quiet but its basically a more 'in your face' marketing tool that Forest dont have. Club shop at ground only open match days now and refitted to same style as outlet in Victoria Centre.
    * Make sure I'm still not posting on social media.
    * Look at reducing season ticket prices and also the possibility of eliminating child prices all together.
    * Create a mixed fan park on the land behind the kop, rides, attractions, mascot meets, food stalls, beer stalls....something to make matchday experience for everyone.....from either side.
    * Build a giant video scoreboard in 1 corner....I just want one and its my club!
    * Install LED advertising hoardings all around the stadium to maximise income.

Obviously, I dont know how much is feasible.....I was just bored on the train and thought I'd take a shot!

Quote Originally Posted by rorylee View Post
    * Ban myself from this site.
    * Create a media team and use them as the official and ONLY mouthpiece for the club.
    * Spend £50/60 million on our own training ground. With a small 2000 seater/standing for youth team and development squad.
    * Invest same again into youth development. School buildings, scouting system, youth coaches with proven track record. Try and make us as appealing to good young footballers as possible.
    * Write off any debts the club has.
    * Appoint a proven manager and backroom staff no matter what the cost, who have success at this level and a higher. These must have played attacking football...because it's my club now and that's what I want.
    * A kit deal with Nike or Adidas....not bothered about the cost and I want a decent return on each shirt sold.
    * A huge marketing campaign across Nottingham highlighting new kit and the new modern way I'm trying to take the club. It's going to be bold and fresh and aimed mainly at the under 30s.
    * Open a club shop in Victoria Centre utilising strong modern merchandising techniques and have a complete clear out of any tacky novelty items and maintain strong consistent brand imaging on all items. I realise initially this will be very quiet but its basically a more 'in your face' marketing tool that Forest dont have. Club shop at ground only open match days now and refitted to same style as outlet in Victoria Centre.
    * Make sure I'm still not posting on social media.
    * Look at reducing season ticket prices and also the possibility of eliminating child prices all together.
    * Create a mixed fan park on the land behind the kop, rides, attractions, mascot meets, food stalls, beer stalls....something to make matchday experience for everyone.....from either side.
    * Build a giant video scoreboard in 1 corner....I just want one and its my club!
    * Install LED advertising hoardings all around the stadium to maximise income.

Obviously, I dont know how much is feasible.....I was just bored on the train and thought I'd take a shot!
    Nice, good effort!

The South Africans may be worth 900 million, but that says nothing about what they'd be willing to invest in the club.

A training ground, decent youth system, and effective scouting network would be nice - you know, like most clubs have. But first and foremost we need decent lower league players and a manager who knows how to get results.

First thing I'd do is sack Ardley and pay off the rest of Tim Flowers contract at Solihull Moors to bring him in, he's done a good job at Solihull Moors and is proven at this level. We are a bigger club than them with more at stake and with £900m (in this scenario) a much bigger budget, so I don't think he'd need much persuasion to leave. From what I've seen they play very positive attacking football too, which I prefer.

Secondly, I'd delete all of my social media accounts.

I'd appoint a suitable Director of Football somebody with previous managerial experience, someone akin to Dave Bassett but not as old.

I'd look to create a 500 seater training ground that's also suitable for the reserves and youth academy, possibly in the waterfront development area so it's close to Meadow Lane.

I'd keep Meadow Lane as is, but update some things, i.e. a working scoreboard, revamping of the food and beer stalls, provide cover on the outside of the Kop bars and if I had enough money, fill in the corners of the ground.

The vacant land behind the Kop would be turned into a home fans pub/restaurant/hotel and the meadow bar would be used for away fans. The Family Stand would be renamed and would be given to away fans (f*ck em) and the Jimmy Sirrel Stand would be the new family stand for home fans. Half would be for regular paying home fans as is, and half would be free tickets given to schools and families on low income as part of a community scheme (helps get young fans, gives those less fortunate than ourselves a free/cheap day out, and involves us in the community).

The new family stand (in the current Jimmy Sirrel stand) would have a section in the middle cut out and built upon so it's effectively split into two stands with a building in the middle (after stabilising the foundations for safety) to provide activities for families, such as mascot meets, face-painting, the usual stuff, etc. (I can imagine the revamped stand in my head but it's hard to explain how it would look).

The Kop would be renamed the Jack Wheeler Kop Stand.

I'd keep the deals that Alan introduced and make sure children under the age of 16 get in for free. Season tickets would have a tier system, the normal ticket prices would be reduced, but I'd offset the loss of income with a new 'Gold' tier that allows you to bring a friend for three games, a free match shirt and scarf, matchday programme, etc. for a higher price than the current season tickets.

I'd pump money into the youth team to try and develop some young talent and I'd pump money into better scouts.

I'd pay money for a consultant of Championship level to reform the back-room staff to get it working efficiently and professionally. Build from back to front.

I'd give Tim Flowers plenty of money to build a team he wants and clear out all the players we currently have, no matter the cost (maybe saving Rose). He'd be under instruction to build a team of no more than 23, should injuries occur he's got the loan system to fall back on. A small quality team over a quantity team.

Once all this has been done, I'd sit back, relax, and leave footballing matters to the DOF and only occasionally pop in to give a good b*ll*cking when needed or to distribute some cash during the transfer window.
    Last edited by RarePie; 17-05-2019 at 11:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RarePie View Post
    The Family Stand would be renamed and would be given to away fans.
    If you mean removing the name of Haydn Green, I hope you never take ownership of the club.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast