+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Pets

The smell was probably worse than it seemed. Not sure if it has improved in 22 years but Jakarta was basically an open sewer when I lived there. Used to see rats the size of a small dog crawl out of the gutters. The local kids would shoot them with bb guns.

I never saw any giant rats but Id imagine I was never too far away from one. I enjoyed it but the whole place was bogging & a sea of fake Man Utd & Chelsea tops. Seemed to be an abundance of weirdo elderly Englishmen trying to pull the locals

I’d rate the holiday 7.25 out of 10

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    I never saw any giant rats but Id imagine I was never too far away from one. I enjoyed it but the whole place was bogging & a sea of fake Man Utd & Chelsea tops. Seemed to be an abundance of weirdo elderly Englishmen trying to pull the locals

I’d rate the holiday 7.25 out of 10

Mustve been a long 2 weeks in Jakarta Mason.
    Think I managed about 5 days. 2-3 hours to get from one side of the city to the other. Massive ****hole. Worst smog ive experienced. Seen some hostile protests about f@ck knows what, army with their guns pointing at the locals. Also got a wonder round the biggest mosque in SE Asia. Designed by a German Catholic. Top Gun bar..sleazy hell hole full of local lassies in bikinis playing pool with fat old yanks. Went there every night. It was either that or the Man Utd bar. Bizarrely, I actually ended up in some mental club and took the strongest disco biscuit ive ever had with some wee burd. Had to get back to the hotel pronto oot our nuts. Probably get decapitated for that sh:t if caught. 25 y/o tho.
    Travelled all over Java and apart from the volcanoes I don't think it had any redeeming features. Quite hostile towards white westerners, practically no tourists going about at all, unlike Bali and to some extent Sumatra (orangutan tourists)

We were in Top Gun too & that’s a fairly accurate description of the place. I popped over to see my mate who worked out there. His company put him & his family up in a 5 star gated complex with armed security. Just sat by the pool most days drinking.

We got robbed by the police while we were there. Don’t think I’ll be hurrying back

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    We were in Top Gun too & that’s a fairly accurate description of the place. I popped over to see my mate who worked out there. His company put him & his family up in a 5 star gated complex with armed security. Just sat by the pool most days drinking.

We got robbed by the police while we were there. Don’t think I’ll be hurrying back
    Sounds grim. Surprised it reached 7.25 out of 10 tbh.

7.25 out of 10 is the score awarded to all disappointments. Did you not get the memo?

Jakarta was a bizarre place. They have built huge highways everywhere to deal with the volumes of traffic but as soon as you get off the highway the place turns into a rabbit warren. The drainage is non existent so it would regularly flood. Just about the only green spaces are golf courses and there isn’t much else to do other than walk around shopping malls like Pondok Indah and Pasaraya.

I do have great memories of going to the TexMex restaurant in Kemang (Amigos). Think it’s still there. They had an Eagles tribute band which played there every night. Used to then nip down to the newsagent downstairs and read all the video game magazines (freeloading wee sh*te) while my parents had an extra margarita.

Just come home from holiday to find blue bottles galore in the house. The source being a massive dead mouse under the couch. A present from the cat. ****.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234