+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Retained List

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    I know mate but ****tyfacey ( sorry driller , just cud un help me-sen) insists there is something far more sinister in our criticism of our non flying Dutch winger.
    yeah i've seen the posts,
    i can confirm any criticism of said non flying winger is purely to do with him being crap and nothing to do with him being Dutch, hope that clears that up

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    ...all players signed must be players good enough to play, none of this, they will be good in 5 years *******s, cos that ain’t working.
    Not only good enough but fit enough, not some loanee who hasn't played recently because he has a dodgy knee and needs a month (and six points lost) to get match-fit.

I understand Notts are joint favourite for promotion. How can that be if we don't know the full or even partial squad?

Quote Originally Posted by Simon the Pieman View Post
    I understand Notts are joint favourite for promotion. How can that be if we don't know the full or even partial squad?
    because bookies are clever and they know that a lot of people will lump on to notts without knowing all of the ins and outs of our situation

odds dont tell you who is going to win the league, they tell you betting trends that ensure that the bookie always wins no matter who takes the title

Quote Originally Posted by bridpie78 View Post
    because bookies are clever and they know that a lot of people will lump on to notts without knowing all of the ins and outs of our situation

odds dont tell you who is going to win the league, they tell you betting trends that ensure that the bookie always wins no matter who takes the title
    Correct.

Surely got to try and keep Craig M-S for next season. Will be a real shame to see him leave. He came in strong at the end of the season

Quote Originally Posted by bridpie78 View Post
    yeah i've seen the posts,
    i can confirm any criticism of said non flying winger is purely to do with him being crap and nothing to do with him being Dutch, hope that clears that up
    I'm Notts through and through, as is my lad. Nobody more than us wanted Enzio ( or any player that have ever signed) to be a success. He's been one of the worst players I have ever seen pull on the famous black and shirt. Elite can give me Hackworth etc but we have been relegated to the abyss . Enzio for me is our worst ever signing.

ess

Quote Originally Posted by Mad-Dog View Post
    Surely got to try and keep Craig M-S for next season. Will be a real shame to see him leave. He came in strong at the end of the season
    he was on loan and he's gone back to his club,
    agree though i liked him seems the type who'd be good in the dressing room,looked like he cared and scored a couple when chances were scarce

Quote Originally Posted by optipez View Post
    Of the released I'd only want O'Brien and Milsom. Of the retained you couldn't actually put out a team that would challenge in the Unibond league.
    I wouldn't have kept Milsom. He played well as a L/B this last season but it seemed to me he needed to be at the top of his game to be effective, but I suppose if the whole team tried as hard as he did we would still be in L2.

I don't suppose Ardley (if it was he) looked to keep a balanced list of GK, RB, LB...etc. Its plain to see the ones he's kept are still on contract or worth another deal. He's got rid of the also-rans, the too old and the out-of-contract-and-not-worth-its.

Rememer how ecstatic Hardy was when we signed an actual Liverpool player? (Thick? No that's not fair, I'll leave it out) Not that he was any good, mind you, and he was only a kid - but he was a Liverpool player. We seemed to sign a goalkeeper just because he was Croatian, and Husin 'cos he was an Afghanistanian(?) We signed a Dutchman who appeared to be a striker but looked more like he was on strike. When you look to build a balanced and effective team Neal, if Alan Hardy is still with us, do it when he's on holiday.

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    I'm Notts through and through, as is my lad. Nobody more than us wanted Enzio ( or any player that have ever signed) to be a success. He's been one of the worst players I have ever seen pull on the famous black and shirt. Elite can give me Hackworth etc but we have been relegated to the abyss . Enzio for me is our worst ever signing.

ess
    completely agree with you i was sucked in by the talk of him being a marquee signing i was excited by our new flying winger, i'll give anyone a chance once they sign for us but he really was dire, he's one of those players who does something every ten games, his party trick was cut inside and curl one into the top corner, i'm sure his youtube highlights clip is awesome,he did score a couple of worldies but that was literally all he offered and when you see how disinterested he was towards the end of the season he just turned me off completely,
    i dont think he lived up to the hype,he's barely a L2 player and i hope he leaves before the start of the new season because i like players who give a sh*t when the chips are down, don't care much what they look like but a cr*p player is a cr*p player

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast