+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Retained List

Quote Originally Posted by GranthamPie View Post
    I'd be amazed if many of the players, certainly the likes of Hemmings, Enzio, Rose etc, don't have release clauses written into their contracts, in the event that Notts are relegated. I can see many more walking out the door.

There probably wouldn't have been a man on the planet that would have thought Notts would have been relegated; it was promotion and probably as Champions. My question is, would release clauses, due to relegation, really have been written into a contract given we were supposedly heading for the promised land?

I'm pretty sure that Mitchell Rose made it clear when he signed for us (and we already looked doomed) that he was committed to the club even if we got relegated. I hope so - he's been the best of the January signings, apart from CMS who unfortunately is not ours to keep.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    I don’t disagree. The problem is and continues to be that we can’t attract good young players to us because they have Forest, Derby and Leicester on there door step.... Exeter have who?
    It’s a bit like the chicken and the egg. We want good young players playing some first team games before being sold. The young players we have had are generally not good enough. So how do you attract talent? We have no real history of putting them in the first team. No history of developing players. The players we have we tend to inherit from other clubs.
    Until we commit completely to developing players with a view to them playing first team football it’s a pointless and expensive exercise.
    It’s true Exeter haven’t really got any close competition for young players..but that’s not the only reason they’ve had success producing youngsters. I was speaking with someone about Exeter last week...we all know they’re are owned by the supporters..but apparently one of those supporters on the board also has a lot of pull at the university of Exeter. The first team down to the academy have the run of the facilities..which has allowed the academy to achieve category 2 status.
    Last edited by KeepTheMagpieFlyingH; 17-05-2019 at 07:54 PM.

I don't really get the love in for Milson. For me he puts effort in which is more noticable in a unfit/ poor side. However I'm sure there are better LB out there. Alot of dead wood gone.If I were the chairman/ owner, I'd be asking NA the question of can you build a side to challenge around the promotion spots. I don't think it's unreasonable considering as far as the squad is concerned currently, it's pretty much a clean slate. I know there will be many of you saying it takes time etc.. However in football time is something many managers don t have I'm afraid. We need to get this takeover done. Cherry pick some of the up and coming proven talent from the non leagues. Get some proper head it kick it centre backs and midfield general and get a proper pre season workout going. So all players are ready for what is expected of them. Reach for the stars i say

Quote Originally Posted by bridpie78 View Post
    odds dont tell you who is going to win the league, they tell you betting trends that ensure that the bookie always wins no matter who takes the title
    Last season was the best demonstration of that!

Quote Originally Posted by bridpie78 View Post
    completely agree with you i was sucked in by the talk of him being a marquee signing i was excited by our new flying winger, i'll give anyone a chance once they sign for us but he really was dire, he's one of those players who does something every ten games, his party trick was cut inside and curl one into the top corner, i'm sure his youtube highlights clip is awesome,he did score a couple of worldies but that was literally all he offered and when you see how disinterested he was towards the end of the season he just turned me off completely,
    i dont think he lived up to the hype,he's barely a L2 player and i hope he leaves before the start of the new season because i like players who give a sh*t when the chips are down, don't care much what they look like but a cr*p player is a cr*p player
    It's not the lads' fault.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeignLegion View Post
    There probably wouldn't have been a man on the planet that would have thought Notts would have been relegated; it was promotion and probably as Champions. My question is, would release clauses, due to relegation, really have been written into a contract given we were supposedly heading for the promised land?
    i think you're right the summer signings wont have even been thinking relegation, more likely they'd have been negotiating promotion wage increases, the ones in january will surely have clauses that release them if we dropped a level

i would say hemmings did just about enough to attract a league club who'll take a punt on him scoring a few more in a better team so he'll be off,
    enzio is absolutely dogshi*te and if we get anything back on that 'investment' we're robbing someone blind he may end up at a team with poor scouting who saw him do that one thing in that one game once where he looked a class above L2

I'd love us to keep hold of rose but i think he is destined for better things

We needed a good clear out i'm glad to see a lot of deadwood moving on so we can start a fresh,the likes of stead,jones,duffy,brisley,allesandra have had their moments but its time we moved on, there has clearly been something wrong in the dressing room so i wouldn't be against releasing the whole lot and starting from scratch even if it meant a couple of seasons rebuilding
    i dont think we'll struggle to attract new players,its all about who is making those decisions now, recruiting and scouting needs much improvement

I would imagine those signed in January had relegation clauses in the contracts but not them that signed pre season as stated we were spending big for promotion so relegation wasn’t even thought of ?

Yes, it's the pre-season ones Im on about.

I agree with all releases except Jim O'Brien who i would try to sign after takeover is done . I would add to that list, boldewijn, Doyle and hemmings, and bring in some promising non league strikers and finally give our youngsters a go.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast