+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rafa talks

Quote Originally Posted by Curian View Post

I'm not buying it.

Let's face it, if Fatty said he wasn't budging on those 2 points the conversation is over, Rafa would not continue to waste his or the clubs time.

Moreover it's prime click bait territory, we're all waiting desperately to hear something positive.

I've read every Horse sh!te web article and none of them know what's going on. Let's face it, only the people in the room know what's going on & as long as IT IS going on things should be taking as positive rather than negative.

Cheers lads

Quote Originally Posted by Ragatino View Post
    I'm not buying it.

Let's face it, if Fatty said he wasn't budging on those 2 points the conversation is over, Rafa would not continue to waste his or the clubs time.

Moreover it's prime click bait territory, we're all waiting desperately to hear something positive.

I've read every Horse sh!te web article and none of them know what's going on. Let's face it, only the people in the room know what's going on & as long as IT IS going on things should be taking as positive rather than negative.

Cheers lads
    Well summed up

Quote Originally Posted by waalsendmick View Post
    I think the compromise on that stance would be...

Buy Rondon, Give Ritchie a new contract...

Other signings to be younger...
    I think Rafa could work with that as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragatino View Post
    I'm not buying it.

Cheers lads
    Aye. Well said.

If there was really no room on negation on those two points, we'd know because Fatso would of briefed out that Rafa was refusing to compromise and they'd done all they could.

I still think we'll lose him but i don't think we have yet.

sad thing is , we all know ashley isn't going to budge an inch

Quote Originally Posted by toonlegend View Post
    sad thing is , we all know ashley isn't going to budge an inch
    He needs to, and he needs to realise that unless he changes his tactics radically this club, his milch cow, is going to have less and less value on the market the more he takes out without putting in investment.

As it is anyone taking over needs to spend a tidy sum on the training facilities, the scouting system and the general structure of the stadium all of which have been neglected for more than a decade.

The entire structure of the club need to be radically changed and brought up to date beginning with the basic thinking.

It looks like he might be in the sh1t,report in one of the papers his Sh1te Direct Hq at Shirebrook is up for sale.Looking to raise money through a sale and hoping to lease it back.
    Let's see how quick that sale goes through if it's true.Something he has an intention of selling.

I don't think Ashley is that stupid.

Losing Rafa is a major headache for him. He knows the back lash will be huge, bringing in a new manager would mean spending big or hiring a muppet.

The former is what he is trying to avoid the latter would see a fans revolt or epic proposition.

When he has sat down with Rafa things have generally worked out. Whilst we can't expect fatso isn't about to give Rafa and the fans a blank cheque he will understand that the club is improving due to the manager.

All as we can hope for is a middle ground. Rafa gets Rondon & Sameras (if indeed he still wants him) on a free plus Richie gets a new contract. He then gets busy and ships out the 10-15 dead wood generates 50 of mil plus the 50 & the 11/17 mil left over and bring in 6-8 quality players early in the window.

I'm an optimistist I know but it seems to be the most financially smart thing to do.

Other than that I'm sure that Rafa will point to the small changes he's made in the few years he's been here and the emergence of Longstaff among others from the academy and sell tubby on the Spanish youth development ethos and the considerable financial benefits of being through youth and selling them on.

The Basque clubs are masters of this and survive purely on selling their youth products.

I gave a sneaky feeling we'll see a take over late in the summer but Ashley will protect his investment by signing Rafa to a new 3 Yr contract.

Quote Originally Posted by Geordie1974 View Post
    It looks like he might be in the sh1t,report in one of the papers his Sh1te Direct Hq at Shirebrook is up for sale.Looking to raise money through a sale and hoping to lease it back.
    Let's see how quick that sale goes through if it's true.Something he has an intention of selling.
    I live not far away from Shirebrook and there is nothing in the local papers as yet.That does not mean that it's not true of course.

If the Fat Nerd is shy of £120 million for working capital then the answer is on the table. Get on with the sale of this club to a decent ambitious owner who has the club at his interest and not the filling of his own pockets to the detriment of everyone else.

Perhaps on reflection he's wishing he hadn't welched £60 million from N.U.F.C. to waste on an abortive attempt to hump Debenham's jumping in on their cheap shares.

Debenham's board saw him coming and turned the fat turd over.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)