+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast

Thread: HIVS Roll Call and Other Game Related Sh@t

I still hope that Hearts win but I love this euro draw crap.

I'm at the Hungarian Cup Final on Saturday so I'll be able to spy on Honved.

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    If it's within the arrangements and rules of qualification for the competition, it's fair and above board. Why anyone is being snide about it, **** only knows (well I suspect I know why).

Interesting that you mention Hibs, who were Scotland's first representatives in the former Proper Mannies' European Champions' Cup in 1956, due to their chairman (might it have been Harry Swann?) having been a prime mover in getting the competition started. That was at the expense of Aberdeen who had won Division A in 1954-55 and were the champions who should have been the country's representatives.
    I don't think anyone is being snide about the rules and how you qualify, more how we are hoping Celtic win and therefore complete the treble treble.

Same Celtic that there's post upon post about being one of the most despicable clubs managed by one of the most despicable managers. Not to mention all the recent stuff about child abuse.

That's the snide part.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    I still hope that Hearts win but I love this euro draw crap.

I'm at the Hungarian Cup Final on Saturday so I'll be able to spy on Honved.
    You offering to do the tour if we draw them?

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    I don't think anyone is being snide about the rules and how you qualify, more how we are hoping Celtic win and therefore complete the treble treble.

Same Celtic that there's post upon post about being one of the most despicable clubs managed by one of the most despicable managers. Not to mention all the recent stuff about child abuse.

That's the snide part.
    The treble treble is the biggest embarrassment in my life watching Scottish fitba. It makes a mockery out of our game which gets knocked from every angle and deservedly so. The fact the club I support have shat the bed on numerous occasions and been complicit in this farce bugs me more than anything in my time supporting the club. We were the second best team in the land for a long time but we were also Celtics bitches at the same time. White washed last season in 6 games when other teams were taking points off them will nilly proves we are their bitches.

celtic fc are a despicable outfit, utterly horrible club followed by vermin and c@nts and being in this situation where they can win the treble treble to do us a favour is f@cking is vomit inducing.
    Last edited by Pacman1903; 20-05-2019 at 11:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    You offering to do the tour if we draw them?
    Absolutely.

I feel my popularity might rise.

I'd rather Septic lose the SC final to farts than complete a treble treble.

However, if they (inevitably, probably) win, i'll take the euro slot as compensation for putting up with spetic are amazing media love ins I guess.

Wow - this thread must be some sort of record for the amount of posts with f'uck all to do with the main subject

Onywye, I thought we played pretty well yesterday overall. Certainly seen us play a lot worse.

Two very good & well made goals which again showed the value in getting forward quickly with pace and using the width of the pitch - something we've done all too seldom this season.

I'm no fan of Considine, but I dont get the stick for yesterday. He played fine. The goal was Max Lowe's fault (who also played well overall) as he was day dreaming and played McNulty onside from out on the left.

McNulty is a good player. Nice movement and made a couple of chances for himself by drifting off our defenders into good space in the box. Far better striker than May or Cosgrove so I'd be happy if we tried to nip in ahead of HIV's and look at him for next season.

Ferguson had a great game in the middle. Strong, put himself about and wasn't feart to get on the ball. I think we have Shinnie's replacement ready to go right there to be honest. The key is getting the right mix and balance of players around him to have an effective, combative and creative midfield next season instead of 4 very similar players as we've had this season. Over to you DM.

4th is simply not good enough for Aberdeen, I dont care what anyone says, but its all we deserve & hopefully shows the powers that be that the current team is simply not up to scratch.

I'm glad the season's over. Lets just hope this summers recruitment is massively better than the last two...

Quote Originally Posted by Mek View Post
    I'd rather Septic lose the SC final to farts than complete a treble treble.

However, if they (inevitably, probably) win, i'll take the euro slot as compensation for putting up with spetic are amazing media love ins I guess.
    Anyone looking for a Hearts win hasn’t correctly quantified just how much **** we’ll get from the Diets. It’s a must that Celtic win.

Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob View Post
    I hope they both lose as I hate the pair of the fu ck ers.

Good point , well argued.

However , seeing as there’s a tangible benefit for us , I hope Hearts lose more than I hope Timothy don’t win.As someone else has already said , another trophy for the them isn’t really a big deal. It’s expected and no great achievement given their massive financial advantage. Even their own fans aren’t that bothered about the treble treble pish. It’s only the ten in a row that they’re really bothered about.

I don’t usually give a fvkk about the competition between the Ugly Sisters. But I’m taking the view now that for there to be any chance of radical change to the whole set-up , Timothy have to keep on dominating for a while yet, to the extent that the Hvvns start each season knowing that they’ve got virtually no chance of competing with for the league title. When they get to that stage , the demands from the Hvnns and their media cheerleaders for serious changes will grow louder and louder. It’s at that point when the rest of the clubs MUST stand up and at least try to make sure that the changes are for the benefit of the majority of clubs. Until then though, they’ll hope for the prospect of helicopter Sundays between the two of them.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Moog View Post
    Wow - this thread must be some sort of record for the amount of posts with f'uck all to do with the main subject

Onywye, I thought we played pretty well yesterday overall. Certainly seen us play a lot worse.

Two very good & well made goals which again showed the value in getting forward quickly with pace and using the width of the pitch - something we've done all too seldom this season.

I'm no fan of Considine, but I dont get the stick for yesterday. He played fine. The goal was Max Lowe's fault (who also played well overall) as he was day dreaming and played McNulty onside from out on the left.

McNulty is a good player. Nice movement and made a couple of chances for himself by drifting off our defenders into good space in the box. Far better striker than May or Cosgrove so I'd be happy if we tried to nip in ahead of HIV's and look at him for next season.

Ferguson had a great game in the middle. Strong, put himself about and wasn't feart to get on the ball. I think we have Shinnie's replacement ready to go right there to be honest. The key is getting the right mix and balance of players around him to have an effective, combative and creative midfield next season instead of 4 very similar players as we've had this season. Over to you DM.

4th is simply not good enough for Aberdeen, I dont care what anyone says, but its all we deserve & hopefully shows the powers that be that the current team is simply not up to scratch.

I'm glad the season's over. Lets just hope this summers recruitment is massively better than the last two...
    Agree with all that - Considine had a pretty good game overall yesterday - goal was Lowe's fault, but as you say, he generally played well too.

McNulty would be an improvement on May, but I'm struggling to think of a striker who wouldn't be. I can't get that horiffic volley out of my mind... didn't know whether to laugh or cry. McInnes gets brownie points from me if he just admits May is done and lets him go - I can't face another season of it.

Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast