+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Ot Which City would you like to have been born

Quote Originally Posted by sota View Post
    Wendun, as a 16 year old kid I used to walk into the Davy Lamp on a Saturday night armed with a shoulder bag full of Green 'Uns trying to compete with the cockle and mussel man for business ;-)
    You are clearly a brave man, sota. I never went into that pub. On my last visit back to Rotherham I tried to trace the "volcanic splendour" from the eyeline on Ridgeway. I reckon it must have been where the remnants are by Parkgate Shopping Centre on Waddington Road(?).

Victor Waddington was my missus's muse. It's a small world.

Bloody 'ell it's just clicked :-) :-)

Victor Waddington was my missus's muse. It's a small world.
    I have a vague recollection of some programme with VW on a barge but can't think what it was and I may be wrong.

Bloody 'ell it's just clicked :-) :-)
    Well hopefully it's nothing serious.

He was a wonderful man, a tad eccentric but a great philanthropist for local businesses. I suppose his true legacy will never be known and that's just what he would've wanted. People talk about Ronnie being a Rotherham legend ha ha.

He was a wonderful man, a tad eccentric but a great philanthropist for local businesses. I suppose his true legacy will never be known and that's just what he would've wanted. People talk about Ronnie being a Rotherham legend ha ha.
    At some point you must tell me how you and your wife met him.
    http://www.yorkshirefilmarchive.com/...st-millionaire
    There's a link to a piece about him. The barge recollection not so strange as he operated a boatyard at Swinton!
    Last edited by wendun; 20-05-2019 at 07:32 AM.

Buy me a pint and I'll tell yer. I'll be in Rotherham 10-16 June. Mrs Sota used to meet him at his office at 5:00am prompt. Not one minute before and not one minute after lol.

Buy me a pint and I'll tell yer. I'll be in Rotherham 10-16 June. Mrs Sota used to meet him at his office at 5:00am prompt. Not one minute before and not one minute after lol.
    I am planning to visit my sister in Rotherham and will try and arrange it for those dates. I would be staying at the hotel by the Brecks, as per CTMiller.

Going to bed now Wendun, my youngest just landed back in Sydney from Adelaide, I can sleep now :-)

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast