+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Really?

A club this size should never languish in this division and every year we watch nonentities go up, usually viewing from mid-table, and what is the thrill of say Norwich v Liverpool compared to Leeds v Liverpool or Man U v Sheff Utd as opposed to Man U v Leeds. Not the same at all.

Another deluded arrogant Leeds fan who things the footballing world owes Leeds a place in the Top Flight ..Take your Dirty Lerds tinted glasses off and maybe you will realise that you are now just a run of the mill average club who are where they are because they deserve to be.. You have to earn your place in the premier league nowadays and not be expected to be automatically put in there.. The way your club is run means that it could be another twenty years before you get there.. Oh and by the way,Norwich and Sheffield Utd fans are just as fervent and proud of their club as Leeds fans,only difference is they have earned the right to be there by gaining enough points to finish in the top two and not being serial Bottlers like Leeds Utd.. Leeds are a great club with a great fan base and I don't have a problem with that,just your fans who think they have a divine right to be in the top flight,but I'm afraid it doesn't work like that.. 700 hundred games without premier league football now for Leeds,wonder if you can reach the magic 1000 games Mark.. MOT ..

Read it again. I never said they had the right to be in the Premiership, I said a club of their size should not be where they are. Also I am not wearing "deluded tinted glasses" , I am a football lover and have worked all over the UK and now live in France. I have gone to support local teams wherever I have lived, mainly pro. sometimes amateur, but I have like most football lovers a club I ultimately support i.e. Leeds

Francewhite......"Nonentities" there are no clubs that are nonentities.. All clubs deserve respect and have earned their right to be where they are.. By the way welcome to the board for a Clarets fan who enjoys posting on here..

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    Francewhite......"Nonentities" there are no clubs that are nonentities.. All clubs deserve respect and have earned their right to be where they are.. By the way welcome to the board for a Clarets fan who enjoys posting on here..
    So from now on you will treat Leeds with respect eh Alf?

😎

Maybe I was unfair regarding nonentities. I watched and enjoyed Watford's rise through the divisions under Graham Taylor when I lived down there in the 70's, in fact I had a dog called Luther (Blisset). Turf Moor was often visited when living in Halifax if the team I played for had no game and Leeds were playing too far away to get to. We would scarper to the nearest ground on such days, The Shay, Leeds Rd, Maine Rd or Burnley.

Thanks for the welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    So from now on you will treat Leeds with respect eh Alf?

H... Apart from calling them "Dirty Leeds" a name they deservedly earned in the seventies which has always stuck with them,I don't have a problem with Leeds Utd as a team and club.. I hardly ever knock the players or staff apart from the odd wind up.. It's the arrogance of the fans I usually have a go at.. So I will continue to treat Leeds with the respect they deserve H..I hope you have got over the disappointment of the play of mate and are looking forward to next seasons challenge..I'm certainly looking forward to the Clarets fight against relegation again..

Quote Originally Posted by Francewhite View Post
    Maybe I was unfair regarding nonentities. I watched and enjoyed Watford's rise through the divisions under Graham Taylor when I lived down there in the 70's, in fact I had a dog called Luther (Blisset). Turf Moor was often visited when living in Halifax if the team I played for had no game and Leeds were playing too far away to get to. We would scarper to the nearest ground on such days, The Shay, Leeds Rd, Maine Rd or Burnley.

Thanks for the welcome.
    No problem mate,you are a genuine poster who knows his football especially if you visited the turf ..lol

Im sure the Leeds fans on here will give you the usual proper welcome when they have come out of their depression..

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    A club this size should never languish in this division and every year we watch nonentities go up, usually viewing from mid-table, and what is the thrill of say Norwich v Liverpool compared to Leeds v Liverpool or Man U v Sheff Utd as opposed to Man U v Leeds. Not the same at all.

Another deluded arrogant Leeds fan who things the footballing world owes Leeds a place in the Top Flight ..Take your Dirty Lerds tinted glasses off and maybe you will realise that you are now just a run of the mill average club who are where they are because they deserve to be.. You have to earn your place in the premier league nowadays and not be expected to be automatically put in there.. The way your club is run means that it could be another twenty years before you get there.. Oh and by the way,Norwich and Sheffield Utd fans are just as fervent and proud of their club as Leeds fans,only difference is they have earned the right to be there by gaining enough points to finish in the top two and not being serial Bottlers like Leeds Utd.. Leeds are a great club with a great fan base and I don't have a problem with that,just your fans who think they have a divine right to be in the top flight,but I'm afraid it doesn't work like that.. 700 hundred games without premier league football now for Leeds,wonder if you can reach the magic 1000 games Mark.. MOT ..
    Sh1t from other Leeds supporters I'll leave alone, but sh1t from a Bumley supporter, less so.

Francewhite wasn't suggesting Leeds have a right to anything, simply expressing the frustration of just about every Leeds supporter at the lack of ability of the club to respond to the ambitions of what is probably the largest (and certainly most globally represented) fan base of any club in the Championship, and most of the PL.

We don't expect to be automatically promoted, but we wish we were, is that really so remarkable?

Statements of the blindingly obvious (points obtained by Norwich/Sheffield etc.) aren't really required, especially when coupled with contradictory comments about "Leeds are a great club with a great fan base" and "fans who think they have a divine right to be in the top flight".

Please find any comments from any Leeds supporters on this or any other board that either explicitly states, or implies, that Leeds have any more "right" to be in the PL than any other club?

Whether we crack that 1000 mark on no PL games is open to debate, what isn't is that Leeds United have a global fan base that makes ALL the other clubs in ANY division green with envy, Bumley not excluded.

Now f00k off back to your own board.

First off FW... welcome! I'm sure you can appreciate that some of the posters are a bit edgy right now. Like many I did not sleep at all after that last game! would have been a good game to watch if I didn't have a team involved. certianly an entertaining game.

Can't speak for you but I"ll speak for some of the "deluded fans" that Alfis addressing. I don't think the point is that we are "owed something". I think the point is that Leeds is one of the largest cities in England and the only big city that has one big club. it really defies economic logic that we aren't in the top flight. Nothing to do with being owed something but merely the fact that we have a big fan based and a pretty intense following. Many other smaller cities have mulitple clubs and much less intensity. No slam on these but it does not make sense. we've been "blessed with some of the most dodgy owners of any big club.

Needless to say battles such as Leeds vs scumchester, Lpool, citeh and chelski would likely generate much more fan and TV interest than such classics as wigan vs blackpool at the prem level. No slam on those clubs but just a football fan fact.

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    Sh1t from other Leeds supporters I'll leave alone, but sh1t from a Bumley supporter, less so.

Francewhite wasn't suggesting Leeds have a right to anything, simply expressing the frustration of just about every Leeds supporter at the lack of ability of the club to respond to the ambitions of what is probably the largest (and certainly most globally represented) fan base of any club in the Championship, and most of the PL.

We don't expect to be automatically promoted, but we wish we were, is that really so remarkable?

Statements of the blindingly obvious (points obtained by Norwich/Sheffield etc.) aren't really required, especially when coupled with contradictory comments about "Leeds are a great club with a great fan base" and "fans who think they have a divine right to be in the top flight".

Please find any comments from any Leeds supporters on this or any other board that either explicitly states, or implies, that Leeds have any more "right" to be in the PL than any other club?

Whether we crack that 1000 mark on no PL games is open to debate, what isn't is that Leeds United have a global fan base that makes ALL the other clubs in ANY division green with envy, Bumley not excluded.

Now f00k off back to your own board.

Welcome back

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)