+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: O/T Collection of refuse / bins etc.

O/T Collection of refuse / bins etc.

Please, excuse my ignorance, but....
    does anyone else think that it's unreasonable having your household waste only collected once a month ?
    I live alone, so I can't imagine how families cope.
    The last time "they" came to collect my household waste "they" refused to take away my refuse bag because there was an empty baked beans can inside. I was told that it should be in the blue box.
    Mmmm. I only have one blue box and after one month it's full.
    I know that it seems petty but what or where are people supposedd to put such items.
    Why do people pay "Council Tax" or whatever it's called now ?

You could always throw it on the floor and risk a fine .

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    You could always throw it on the floor and risk a fine .
    yep.....except have a look around Burnley....fines don't seem to be working.
    But put a xan in a bin bag ? Well that's criminal !

Quote Originally Posted by map View Post
    yep.....except have a look around Burnley....fines don't seem to be working.
    But put a xan in a bin bag ? Well that's criminal !
    Here in Bolton we call them the "Bin Police". They replaced all of the big black bins, swapped them for half size ones, then reduced the weekly bin collection to fortnightly and wonder why fly tipping is at epidemic proportions?

Quote Originally Posted by map View Post
    Please, excuse my ignorance, but....
    does anyone else think that it's unreasonable having your household waste only collected once a month ?
    I live alone, so I can't imagine how families cope.
    The last time "they" came to collect my household waste "they" refused to take away my refuse bag because there was an empty baked beans can inside. I was told that it should be in the blue box.
    Mmmm. I only have one blue box and after one month it's full.
    I know that it seems petty but what or where are people supposedd to put such items.
    Why do people pay "Council Tax" or whatever it's called now ?
    This is just so typical map...

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknew...cid=spartandhp

About five years ago we went to stay in a holiday cottage near Leyburn, it was actually at the racing stables of George and Ann Duffield. Mrs S asked George about the refuse arrangements, he just pointed to a big plastic skip and said to chuck it all in there. What about segregating the rubbish we asked, no need he said, it's a private contractor picks it up, they have a machine that segregates it all at their depot.
    This was the first I'd heard of anything like this, but these machines do indeed exist. Are we being scammed yet again, why is the general public being put to all this trouble by local authorities, when there are machines that can do the job for us ?

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    About five years ago we went to stay in a holiday cottage near Leyburn, it was actually at the racing stables of George and Ann Duffield. Mrs S asked George about the refuse arrangements, he just pointed to a big plastic skip and said to chuck it all in there. What about segregating the rubbish we asked, no need he said, it's a private contractor picks it up, they have a machine that segregates it all at their depot.
    This was the first I'd heard of anything like this, but these machines do indeed exist. Are we being scammed yet again, why is the general public being put to all this trouble by local authorities, when there are machines that can do the job for us ?
    Exactly sinkov! In Holland virtually every municipal district has one. Some neighbourhoods even have specially allocated zones where you just go and sling it in this huge skip through a funnel. The thing is vented and emits no smell whatsoever. I kid you not fly tipping in Bolton is just plain ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Exactly sinkov! In Holland virtually every municipal district has one. Some neighbourhoods even have specially allocated zones where you just go and sling it in this huge skip through a funnel. The thing is vented and emits no smell whatsoever. I kid you not fly tipping in Bolton is just plain ridiculous.
    Rip off Britain again BT, it's not just on the EU they're taking the piss. I'll probably be long gone when it happens, but one day there'll be a reckoning.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)