+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Siegrist and Bouhenna

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    Didnt see Bouhenna getting overrun, and thought he was the one on top for most of the first half. Lost count of the number of times he had the ball at his feet under pressure where he remained composed, then either found his man or walked away with the ball into space. I never did feel through the game that our CDM was about to loose the tattie like Butcher has proven he can.
    Ye agree with this. Can't recall Bouhenna getting overrun.

Quote Originally Posted by darrenshedtastic View Post
    thought the performance levels were good overall last night but certainly upped it in the 2nd half. 1st half we rode our luck a few times and were abit too passive at times but generally was a good performance i thought.

thought Benji was solid all night. looked confident and commanded his area but im not going to be singing his praises just yet. we still have two games left and the season he has had where he has been generally consistent with some howlers thrown in so wouldnt put it past me if he mucks up in one of the final games. (obviously hoping im wrong)

Bouhenna for me is a class above and has been all season. he sometimes gets caught out at CB but since hes played alongside Reynolds hes been solid. prefer him at the back to connolly if im honest. having said that this was the first game id seen him in CM and my god he looked composed in there. cultured, confident and physical everyone we needed. superb from the big man.

Big mentions to guys like mcmullan who ran caused problems all night. harkes who works his socks off every game. Reynolds who was solid.

overall the performance was decent but still need to improve if we are to beat St Mirren. they dont look great but they are just as capable of winning as we are so need to be up for it. hopefully the extra days rest and the recovery time being just under a week will allow anyone suffering from any knocks to recover.
    Agree with you on several points. I would have Bouhenna in beside Reynolds over Connelly. But if Butcher is out, then obviously Bou has to get that gig. Secondly, vs StM, yep, we'll need to raise our game another notch.

Harkes plays a brilliant creative ball now and then. And he deserves to be in the 1st team without a doubt. But I'd like to see him toughen up a bit and develop a bit of edge. Like Bowman or McInally for example. That would help him and the team.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    There was a moment in the first half before we scored that typified this. We had a good move that ended with a Harkes shot well saved by their keeper. ICT broke quickly and who ended up at left back putting the tackle in beside the tunnel? Harkes, great effort from the lad.
    totally agree TTT re Harkes the laddie was everywhere.....definitely a player in the Stretch mould...has to bulk up a bit and be stronger on the ball though.
    Bouhenna played very well.....was very disappointed in Pawlett again...maybe not fully fit after the Donkeys tackle on the Tues?
    Stiil a big worry for me is our left back....Robson was poor again...not stopping crosses being caught too tight etc...think Booth maybe the safer bet v the midden as Mcallister will run at our weak spot?
    Anyway a big well done to all the players...just got to keep it going!

I think we are much stronger on the left when Booth and Robson both play.

That's where I am on this.

I think we're much stronger when Booth plays period!

Bouhenna was outstanding first AND second half. No idea where the overrun comments are coming from. Would also echo the Booth & Robson partnership. Pawlett was gash last night. Against McCallister we'd be better with the two slightly more defensive left sided players.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    Bouhenna was outstanding first AND second half. No idea where the overrun comments are coming from. Would also echo the Booth & Robson partnership. Pawlett was gash last night. Against McCallister we'd be better with the two slightly more defensive left sided players.
    Our midfield of Bouhenna, Harkes & Pawlett was 2nd best in the 1st half on Friday.
    They were all over the ICT midfield 2nd half.

Think people need to remember Inverness were weary in body and mind from halftime onwards, so not overrate the second half or any individual performance second half

its definitely a way to go for Neilson....stop anything down that side...go at them through the middle and on the right

IF he went that way I would have Booth in defence....Robson gets caught out too much for me but is ok going forward and does put in a decent cross.

edited to say...as a team our big players have to perform in these two games....basically the whole team needs to be a 7 out of 10 for us to win imo

mon utd!
    Last edited by Eamons_lost_wig_04; 18-05-2019 at 11:02 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)