+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Four candidates

Can’t say I’ve ever warmed to Chris Hughton, he seems a miserable so in so but you can’t ignore his record. I wasn’t keen on him over the Bong- Rodriguez situation either, back your own player yes but he should have kept his trap shut at the Hawthorns in the Cup.

Having said that the question I ask is, how would we feel if Boro appointed him? I suppose we’d have them down as a team with a strong chance of promotion. If that’s the case then we have to seriously consider him.

Out of all the others I’m not sure, as for Jimmy Shan I say fair play, the lads done well but as with Moore, seeing your team over the line for the end of the season and having the job full time are two different entities. I must say though, he handled the Villa games brilliantly given the problems with sendings off etc. I’d risk sticking with him unless someone really tempting comes along, but as regards preparation for a new season that could prove to be a mistake. The only other person who I do wonder about is Gary Monk.

Quote Originally Posted by BaggieSingh View Post
    I still think Bilic would be awesome
    He started off brilliantly at West Ham
    Croatia were awesome under him
    He plays football the right way
    He’s passionate

Great fit I think
    Bilic would be awesome I had a fiver on him @40-1 months ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Whicka_Mon View Post
    Bilic would be awesome I had a fiver on him @40-1 months ago.
    Yes, I’d really like to see Bilic with us, unfortunately can’t see it happening...

I was just googling to see what Paul Scharner is doing these days but didn’t find much. I always rated him to be manager one day and i’d certainly have him over Shan and Moore.

Quote Originally Posted by regis80 View Post
    I was just googling to see what Paul Scharner is doing these days but didn’t find much. I always rated him to be manager one day and i’d certainly have him over Shan and Moore.
    And you deserve everything you get, what a stupid observation.

Quote Originally Posted by goodlordmurphy View Post
    And you deserve everything you get, what a stupid observation.
    Lol i knew that would get that reaction. I’m sure some years ago it was mentioned that he was doing his badges or maybe I got that wrong.

Brighton have appointed Graham Potter as Manager, it took just over a week.
    That's the way to run a club.

Quote Originally Posted by regis80 View Post
    Lol i knew that would get that reaction. I’m sure some years ago it was mentioned that he was doing his badges or maybe I got that wrong.
    You bugger regis80....certainly got me going

Not Shan? Then Nigel Pearson/Craig Shakespeare combo would float my boat, but would love to see Shan have a full seasons crack at it with Reid but Appleton didn't do much when he was caretaker.
    Last edited by goodlordmurphy; 21-05-2019 at 09:02 AM.

News that Chriss Hughton has ruled him self out of the job

Quote Originally Posted by BaggieSingh View Post
    I still think Bilic would be awesome
    He started off brilliantly at West Ham
    Croatia were awesome under him
    He plays football the right way
    He’s passionate

Great fit I think
    Bilic ruled himself out of joining us first time around so it’ll never happen. They’ll go through a process where names are linked and appoint Appleton. Hope I’m wrong but they have previous form.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)