+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: F.A. Cup Day

F.A. Cup Day

I used to love FA Cup day! The traffic seemed to stop for a couple of hours whilst the game was on.

The TV was full of lead up shows with interviews from famous supporters.

Today I hope that it's an end to end game with Watford coming out victors but I doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    I used to love FA Cup day! The traffic seemed to stop for a couple of hours whilst the game was on.

Today I hope that it's an end to end game with Watford coming out victors but I doubt it.
    The full day treatment on both channels became a bit OTT, particularly as the games always seemed dreadful affairs. I always enjoyed the League Cup finals in the sixties and seventies more than the FA Cup finals.

Quote Originally Posted by wendun View Post
    The full day treatment on both channels became a bit OTT, particularly as the games always seemed dreadful affairs. I always enjoyed the League Cup finals in the sixties and seventies more than the FA Cup finals.
    You're probably right wendun but the day was special because of the limited amount of football ont telly at the time.

5 o'clock FFS

You're probably right wendun but the day was special because of the limited amount of football ont telly at the time.
    Very true. I used to run home on Saturday night to catch MOTD. Great days.

Thinking same Frog

Agree Grist on 5pm KO

Just watching the BBC Football Focus lead up to the game, what a triumph of box ticking.

Nice safe presenter (no Danny Bakers please)

A black woman footballer to talk drivel about pressure in the Premiership, something she has no experience of. Added bonus of having a half street cred diction that leaves the letter g off the end of words, thinkin , goin, trainin etc

A black ex player whose grasp of English, pronunciation and grammar is even worse than the token woman footballer.

An ex manager that represents Europe and has a grasp of English, punctuation and grammar that’s better than both of the other pundits

Cut to a meaningless interview with yet another obscure woman interviewer chatting to another black footballer who manages to bring up the topic of racism into a conversation about the FA Cup

Cut again to yet another obscure woman ex footballer cruising on a boat in Lyon talking even more drivel of no real relevance

Box ticking of the highest order

I will not be watching it.

I hate the FA cup as it now stands and will never go or watch an FA cup match again.

Should be at 3pm.

Did used to be massive though, both teams did songs that went into the charts, would be a big pull-out section in the newspaper, coverage would start at about 9am, the coaches followed on their journey to Wembley, both teams having special FA Cup final suits.

Now even crappy Eurovision seems to be bigger.

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    Should be at 3pm.

Did used to be massive though, both teams did songs that went into the charts, would be a big pull-out section in the newspaper, coverage would start at about 9am, the coaches followed on their journey to Wembley, both teams having special FA Cup final suits.

Now even crappy Eurovision seems to be bigger.
    The FA Cup is a macho type event, Eurovision isn’t

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast