+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: F.A. Cup Day

Quote Originally Posted by fc_miller View Post
    As Ian Wright said it's education. The ones with the problem with racism are the older generation, and there will come a point when we don't think or talk about it.
    It’s as bad now as I’ve ever known it, gets worse year on year

Or perhaps it isn’t, just made to look that way by organisations like the BBC

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    So now every time we have to talk about football we have to refer to it as "men's football"?

Balls to that.

As for the racism thing, that was Montenegro fans, BBC can go and lecture them.
    Blimey Fire. You poor thing.

Quote Originally Posted by mikemiller View Post
    Anybody know if they have they broken the record for the most FA Cup goals in a season? They have scored loads!
    Just remembered that Preston NE 26 Hyde 0 was an FA Cup game back in the 1800s, so probably not

Still think the Man Utd 1999 treble is the biggest achievement by an english club .

City are a great side and right up there at the top table in history but in my opinion the champions league beats the league cup all day long when it comes to trebles .

Was there only me hoping they'd get 7 so we wouldn't have been the only one ?

Quote Originally Posted by BramleyMiller58 View Post
    Was there only me hoping they'd get 7 so we wouldn't have been the only one ?
    I was hoping for 8 😝

Quote Originally Posted by Nardendee View Post
    Getting back on the subject, Manchester City are the best team I have ever seen.

Can’t find the words. Such a joy to watch.
    Well they are certainly up there with the best. Hard to pick from different eras. Man Utd (Best, Law, Charlton), Leeds c.1970, Real Madrid 1960s, Holland (total football era), Brazil 1970, Barcelona.

Am I the only one who thought the FA Cup Final was excruciating and tedious? It was like watching the Millers at the Etihad - just waiting for the inevitable to happen. Now if the Wolves v Watford semi had been the final, that would have been one to remember!

Quote Originally Posted by GlennMiller View Post
    Am I the only one who thought the FA Cup Final was excruciating and tedious? It was like watching the Millers at the Etihad - just waiting for the inevitable to happen. Now if the Wolves v Watford semi had been the final, that would have been one to remember!
    Wolves would have given City a far sterner test in the final but unfortunately blew a two goal lead in the semi final against Watford .

Nobody wanted to see Watford take such a hiding in the FA cup final other than City fans I guess .

It's a shame they couldn't have converted that excellent chance in the first half when it was 0-0 , possibly wouldn't have prevented City from winning but rather made for a better contest .

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Just watching the BBC Football Focus lead up to the game, what a triumph of box ticking.

Nice safe presenter (no Danny Bakers please)

A black woman footballer to talk drivel about pressure in the Premiership, something she has no experience of. Added bonus of having a half street cred diction that leaves the letter g off the end of words, thinkin , goin, trainin etc

A black ex player whose grasp of English, pronunciation and grammar is even worse than the token woman footballer.

An ex manager that represents Europe and has a grasp of English, punctuation and grammar that’s better than both of the other pundits

Cut to a meaningless interview with yet another obscure woman interviewer chatting to another black footballer who manages to bring up the topic of racism into a conversation about the FA Cup

Cut again to yet another obscure woman ex footballer cruising on a boat in Lyon talking even more drivel of no real relevance

Box ticking of the highest order
    You must be a fan of " not going out" grist.....

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast