+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 51 years ago today

51 years ago today

I was on the way to watch Albion win the FA cup can remember every moment of the day. Can't be many of us left who were there.
    On another note we moved in our house 29 years today, lucky day for me the 18th May.

God soulman, you are making me feel old

I was moving from Yorkshire to Stourbridge as a 5 1/2 year old.

Alas,one cretin on here told me this week I didn’t have the right to support Albion based on where I was born.

There really are some morons stealing oxygen from the rest of us!!

One things for certain,most of us won’t be here 51 years from today......time slips through ones fingers so easily.

I'm still alive and kicking and was there. Still got the plastic baseball style cap they were selling outside Wembley. Never dreamed then that it would be the last time I saw Albion win a major domestic trophy. We were such a good cup side in the Sixties.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post

Alas,one cretin on here told me this week I didn’t have the right to support Albion based on where I was born.

One things for certain,most of us won’t be here 51 years from today......time slips through ones fingers so easily.
    Oh dear, wonder what the knob would say about me!? 😳😬 As you rightly say, there are some morons out there...

Quote Originally Posted by soulman101 View Post
    I was on the way to watch Albion win the FA cup can remember every moment of the day. Can't be many of us left who were there.
    On another note we moved in our house 29 years today, lucky day for me the 18th May.
    I was also there in '54

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post

This is exactly the example. Soul man gives his story but you have to chip in with the “me me me me, it’s all about me”.

Quote Originally Posted by Baggies_Boy_Tony View Post
    I was also there in '54
    Hi Tony, i was born in December 53 . The 54 side have been told ,was our best ever team.

Quote Originally Posted by soulman101 View Post
    Hi Tony, i was born in December 53 . The 54 side have been told ,was our best ever team.
    Hi Lloyd, I was born December, '42. Yes it was one of the best with some super players, I can still name the side: Jimmy Saunders (GK),
    Joe Kennedy, Len Millard (Cpt),
    Jimmy Dudley, Jimmy Dugdale, Ray Barlow,
    Frank Griffin, Paddy Ryan, Ronnie Allen, Johnny Nicholls and George (Ada) Lee,
    Joe Kennedy played R/B because of an injury to Stan Rickaby. I can name that side easier than any other side I've seen at The Hawthorns and I didn't have to look it up, so my memory isn't too bad for an old 'un
    Last edited by Baggies_Boy_Tony; 18-05-2019 at 02:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by regis80 View Post
    This is exactly the example. Soul man gives his story but you have to chip in with the “me me me me, it’s all about me”.
    You’re such a dick Oldham.

Constantly on the troll when it comes to me.

Just waiting to pounce on anything that irritates you.

It’s called “trolling”,it’s also called “having an agenda”.

I haven’t the slightest interest in picking at other posters,I have never ever picked out a post of yours on any given thread and made a snide and vindictive reply to you so stop doing it to me.

Is there that little to do in Failsworth?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)