+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: True Stories

True Stories

I was once stood at a garden party next to a murderer. Obviously he hadn’t been caught yet. Do you believe this? What are your stories?

I once got on the BA Shuttle from Heathrow to Glasgow and sat next to Selina Scott. A very pleasant hour indeed!

Not famous people, but once I took a flight from London to Zürich. Then before boarding it was announced there would be a delay. We were lead into a waiting room to await any news. Out of a little boredom. I started to look at passengers opposite and thought ''Ah he must be Swiss, she is perhaps a French woman and so on ? Exactly one year later I was sitting in a coffee house in Zakopane, Poland, at the foot of the Tatra Mountains. Suddenly, in walked this gentleman ,well dressed.I thought I know that face I have seen him before? But here in Poland ? Ah! I think he took a flight from London to Zürich exactly one year ago! I got up and walked to his table and asked him ''Excuse me Sir, but did you take a flight to Zürich exactly one year ago ?'' He said, no
    I took a flight to Frankfort ! But then he said ,''ah yes! I had to take the flight to Zürich instead!!''
    A small world !

Was at York races on a stag do in the early seventies and went for a p/ss and who should come and have a p/ss in the next stall but the late great actor Wifred Hyde White.. Said hello as well.

some years ago - was stayin in a very old rural house....I expected the thumps and knocks, and put it down to contraction or the floor boards settling back....but was surprised when with a passing glance through a small window - saw what I thought to be a victorian dressed lady sat in the garden...I took a few steps back and looked again, but nothing, were my eyes playing tricks on me ?
    Anyway....a little while later, when asked by the house owner if all was ok , I replied " yes, all is well, but thought I saw someone from another era in the garden a few weeks ago"...."oh" she replied....." there's often quite a few of them out there, I guess I'm just used to it so forgot to mention, they're no trouble"

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    Was at York races on a stag do in the early seventies and went for a p/ss and who should come and have a p/ss in the next stall but the late great actor Wifred Hyde White.. Said hello as well.
    This reminded me of a similar tale at York races Alf a mate of mine Dale was in stall one in WC and I was in stall c , stall b became vacant and in steps Chris Kamara ( Dale a Bradford fan ) took his hand of his old man and promptly shook Kamaras hand with it , he saw the funny side 😂 as I began laughing and they both realised what they had just done.

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    This reminded me of a similar tale at York races Alf a mate of mine Dale was in stall one in WC and I was in stall c , stall b became vacant and in steps Chris Kamara ( Dale a Bradford fan ) took his hand of his old man and promptly shook Kamaras hand with it , he saw the funny side 😂 as I began laughing and they both realised what they had just done.
    What, They P!ssed each others Trousers ??

I've met Bruce Grobbelar (sp) stood at the bar in an airpost (cant remember if it was in Frankfurt, Beijing or Hong Kong, it was a long journey !) and had a beer and a chat and I met and chatted with Delores O'Riordan (sp) the Cranberries singer, whilst attending a gig of theirs in, I think, Manchester.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)