+ Visit England Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: F A Cup Final Day

F A Cup Final Day

Is anyone else underwhelmed by the prospect of today's game? I don't even think that it is because like most people I expect a professional performance by citeh, to become the first domestic treble winners. Maybe it is my distant memories of years gone by when the country seemed to stop on Cup Final Day. It's a knock out, cup final records,breakfast at the teams hotel, TV coverage started first thing in the morning and lasted throughout the day.
    At work yesterday I don't remember anyone talking about today's game, even though we discussed football matters like the Charlton v Donny game! I am not even bothered who wins today.

I was never in favour of the semi finals being played at Wembley and Spurs using it for games has also taken away the wow factor of teams playing at Wembley.

Sadly I do not think we will ever get back the magic of Cup Final Day.

I will be watching the rugby league being played in the Nou Camp stadium Spain today ..Wigan v Catalan.. Not many fans are is interested in the cup final nowadays apart from those fans whose teams get there.

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    I will be watching the rugby league being played in the Nou Camp stadium Spain today ..Wigan v Catalan.. Not many fans are is interested in the cup final nowadays apart from those fans whose teams get there.
    Afternoon Alf, do you remember Burnley's last appearance or were you too young back in 1962? I remember from 1967 through to 1991 but after that my mind switched off! I have been very lucky to have seen Spurs win a number of Cup Finals and it was such a great feeling but I am not sure if it were to happen again if it would be the same?

Quote Originally Posted by davee59 View Post
    Is anyone else underwhelmed by the prospect of today's game? I don't even think that it is because like most people I expect a professional performance by citeh, to become the first domestic treble winners. Maybe it is my distant memories of years gone by when the country seemed to stop on Cup Final Day. It's a knock out, cup final records,breakfast at the teams hotel, TV coverage started first thing in the morning and lasted throughout the day.
    At work yesterday I don't remember anyone talking about today's game, even though we discussed football matters like the Charlton v Donny game! I am not even bothered who wins today.

I was never in favour of the semi finals being played at Wembley and Spurs using it for games has also taken away the wow factor of teams playing at Wembley.

Sadly I do not think we will ever get back the magic of Cup Final Day.
    Hello Dave...The FA cup used to be a regular feature on French TV but today I don’t even think it is being televised on pay tv.
    Agree with you..it was the game of the season many years ago...but now it’s more important to finish in the top 4 or avoid relegation. you can see the motivation when see PL clubs put out a second eleven against the lower league clubs. Playing semis at Wembley hasn’t helped either. My first final was Man Utd v Bolton back in 1958. I still remember Nat Lofthouse scoring by bundling Harry Gregg over line with a shoulder charge. Today he would have been sent off!

Quote Originally Posted by davee59 View Post
    Afternoon Alf, do you remember Burnley's last appearance or were you too young back in 1962? I remember from 1967 through to 1991 but after that my mind switched off! I have been very lucky to have seen Spurs win a number of Cup Finals and it was such a great feeling but I am not sure if it were to happen again if it would be the same?
    Yes I can Dave,Burnley and Spurs were the best two sides into the country at the time.. Gutted we lost but we got our revenge next season by knocking Spurs out 3-0 at White Hart lane .. Two great teams who always played great football.

Blimey Frenchie and Alf you couple of old codgers make me feel so young!!

I thought you old timers would be more interested in the Eurovision song contest tonight.
    Is the brotherhood of man and abba singing tonight?

Quote Originally Posted by Tricky1966 View Post
    I thought you old timers would be more interested in the Eurovision song contest tonight.
    Is the brotherhood of man and abba singing tonight?
    That would be Save Your Mamma Mia For Me!!

Well the UK came last i see.
    Bit like me in the predictions league

Quote Originally Posted by Tricky1966 View Post
    Well the UK came last i see.
    Bit like me in the predictions league
    If there was one reason to vote Brexit then the Eurovision voting is it. The voting hasn't been based on the actual songs for many years. I did hear the winning song and it was so depressing, I can't understand why we still take part? And since when has Australia been in Europe? More political correctness gone wrong.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast