+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: THE FINAL - time for promotion 🙏🙏🙏

Quote Originally Posted by LSArab View Post
    ...I think most important for us is to win well on Thursday...
    While it's obviously preferable I don't think it is. Honestly, if we go into that last match all square and it turns into a one off cup final for promotion then fine.

It's total *******s that the game is over 2 legs...should be a straight shoot out at a neutral stadium.

Quote Originally Posted by weegiearab View Post
    It's total *******s that the game is over 2 legs...should be a straight shoot out at a neutral stadium.
    Totally agree. It's all about preservation of the top flight team though.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    Totally agree. It's all about preservation of the top flight team though.
    System certainly gamed in favour of prem team.

If ICT has made it through they were already knackered and would have struggled to compete and give energy to the final over 2 legs.

Helps us that St Mirren were battling to stay up right to the end with matches v Hamilton and the fun.

Means we are in pretty even position going into the two matches. Benefits of finishing second for us

Quote Originally Posted by weegiearab View Post
    Yip............... DENS

So nervy. Was a struggle last night. I was actually relieved to get the draw in a way by the end as they came more into it by the end.

Waking up today though it’s great that all to play for in second leg.

After the last 2 seasons I do feel now this has to be our time.

Second leg I’d go

Benji

Watson Connolly Reynolds Booth

Bouhenna / Butcher if fit. Harkes

McM Clark Robson

Safranko.

Come on United!!!!!

I'd have that team but start Pawlett #10 in place of Clark.

I think he’ll start with precisely the same team that started last night. Seems to be a bit of a set rotation now going on....if thats the case then would prefer safranko on at half time rather than just 30 mins. Extra time is a possibility he will need to think about carefully hence why I think it’ll be the same starting 11.

I do not like the poor distribution from our centre backs especially Connolly (Freddy has better passing range and composure) but seeing as we’ve got clean sheets it’s unlikely to change. If anything it’s going to get worse as the tension mounts and the defence just want rid.

On the plus side I thought all the players looked a bit hungrier to win the ball first half which had St Mirren rattled for a while - more of that please lads!!

Nothing to fear....St Mirren are not a great team!

Also to add I like booth and robson down left as it gives more balance to our play rather than just looking for a ball to McMullan all the time (which st mirren got wise too). It gives them something else to worry about with balls from left.

Quote Originally Posted by dreamoftangerine View Post
    Also to add I like booth and robson down left as it gives more balance to our play rather than just looking for a ball to McMullan all the time (which st mirren got wise too). It gives them something else to worry about with balls from left.
    ^^^ defo this. We don’t get the best out of Robson at the back, he appears to enjoy midfield and as you say it gives an option other than McMullan. St Mirren are there for the taking.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)