+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: United v St Mirren 1st leg thread

United v St Mirren 1st leg thread

This can go either way, they will not want to go straight back down, they have a good spirit in their team and fan base, hard to call.

Not sure that i wanted St Mirren as i think they have kinda mirrored our improvement since January. Cant use the cup game as any kind of indicator as both teams are different, and i just hope our player have more to show!

Having now watched some of their game against an poor fun side (they are always poor but you know what I mean), the fun goalie Hamilton was awful at a couple of the goals and it was ten men they were scoring against down the slope

If we play at our best on Thurs and Sun then we have a good chance of promotion

Come on Utd

Reckon the game at Tannadice will be a tight affair. Probably cagey from both sides until somebody scores.

2nd leg will just be a mental cup-tie job. Just hope Safranko makes it for both games, AND would love to see Butcher back in if fit.

Watched some of their game vs the fun today and thought they could cause us a problem on our left flank. Maybe time for the Booth/Robson combination again. But I ain't no football manager. Over to you Robbie.

Would rather have Bouhenna than Butcher tbh. The boy was outstanding last night.

It was never gonna be easy,Hamilton with their plastic pitch and fantastic fighting spirit or ST Mirren unbeaten since the split,mind you the Funsters actually managed to score against them today with only 9 players on the pitch.My major concern is our defence,there is no composure when clearing balls from the penalty area even from our experienced players.

Sevco fans planning to pack out 2nd leg in paisley... letís hope we pump them!

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    It was never gonna be easy,Hamilton with their plastic pitch and fantastic fighting spirit or ST Mirren unbeaten since the split,mind you the Funsters actually managed to score against them today with only 9 players on the pitch.My major concern is our defence,there is no composure when clearing balls from the penalty area even from our experienced players.

Benji Boy is 4 in a row.

Shutouts.

Anyone got any idea which part of the ground Smurn will get? Donít want them in the shed. Jim McLean only holds 1500 but hopefully thatís all theyíll get. Are they entitled to a percentage? Looks like weíre getting 20% in Paisley, that would be 2800 in Tannadice. F*uck that!
    Letís fill the Deech with Tangerine 🧡🖤

We have The Shed, that's all I know.

Quote Originally Posted by Arabize View Post

Doubt it but they are utterly obsessed by DUFC, frothing at the mouth, pages of match threads over the last week, threads about who they'd prefer to face us in the final before today, so yea it will go to another level next week

Quote Originally Posted by Brian_Welsh_is_magic View Post
    Anyone got any idea which part of the ground Smurn will get? Donít want them in the shed. Jim McLean only holds 1500 but hopefully thatís all theyíll get. Are they entitled to a percentage? Looks like weíre getting 20% in Paisley, that would be 2800 in Tannadice. F*uck that!
    Letís fill the Deech with Tangerine 🧡🖤

If we have to just give them the fair play and the first section of the JK nearest the FP

Given our directors box is now situated in the section between the Jim McLean and Jerry Kerr stands, will they really want to be surrounded by away fans?

oh yes...the zombie mob still hate us. I am often told about the hate for our club because of " what we done to them!" and "are your mob deed yet?" Beautiful, as they are running at massive losses and paying wages that they can't afford to try and stop a meaningless 10 in a row! Fill yer boots lads!

It's a tricky one cos the Jym holds just 1,500 & our tickets are already printed for the Shed.
    They brought 2,500 to Dens today so where do we put them?
    Give them the Jerry (capacity 2.3k)? But as post # 13 says our Bigwigs use the comfy seat section adjacent to section D of the Jerry, too close for comfort.
    The Eddie, Dode & Shed = 10.5k, can we sell out or at least nearly, we had 8k in these 3 stands on Friday.
    We'll get 1,600 for the North Stand at the SDA but then might need a chunk of the West Stand.
    But their capacity is just 8k & I imagine they'll be wanting to sell 6.4k to home fans.
    Last edited by ARAbCHNID; 18-05-2019 at 09:57 PM. Reason: Spelt Jym as Gym

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    Would rather have Bouhenna than Butcher tbh. The boy was outstanding last night.
    I agree to a point as in he did very well....but I would prefer Butcher in there on THURS....noticed at some points we had holes through the middle...maybe as he adjusted to the position and got an understanding with Harkes?
    If Butcher doesn't make it then it has to be Bouhenna...he is a player....more from Pawlett and on the left side defensively then not so much pressure on our defensive 2 covering for the space he leaves.

edited to say funny thing is Butcher played centre half for us b4 and did okish...was then moved into defensive midfield if I remember correctly and did improve?
    Last edited by Eamons_lost_wig_04; 18-05-2019 at 11:27 PM.

Is that right? Don't we get a cut of the gate money from the away game? Does that mean that the Hvns will be lining our pockets in game that they are not even involved in?

Quote Originally Posted by PT_Arab View Post
    Is that right? Don't we get a cut of the gate money from the away game? Does that mean that the Hvns will be lining our pockets in game that they are not even involved in?
    They will never get near any of the tickets,if it was one game played at Hampden there would have been thousands of them there in the ST Mirren end,FACT.

Just what a couple of them have said to me at work etc. Maybe banter but I wouldnít put it past them, but as you say, more revenue for us if they do.

Just what a couple of them have said to me at work etc. Maybe banter but I wouldn’t put it past them, but as you say, more revenue for us if they do.
    If they could get in they would be there but ST Mirren will sell their allocation to their own fans no problem and thousands of Arabs will be disappointed that they cant buy a ticket for love nor money.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast