+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: United v St Mirren 1st leg thread

Can't edit my last post but further on Ian Harkes.
    I think he's just beginning to settle in. It's not easy moving to a foreign environment to start a new job even when it's English speaking. New climate, new environment, different food and culture for a young person.
    As you hinted the best of him is yet to come.

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    I think he's just beginning to settle in. It's not easy moving to a foreign environment to start a new job even when it's English speaking. New climate, new environment, different food and culture for a young person.
    Do you have BT Sport in your house mate?.

Exactly.

If we were to go up he's one of a very few I'd like to retain. His class is obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    Do you have BT Sport in your house mate?.
    Hi GB. No, supposed to get it as part of my UK EE phone account but never bothered. I'll be watching on a stream as will most overseas Arabs

Hi GB. No, supposed to get it as part of my UK EE phone account but never bothered. I'll be watching on a stream as will most overseas Arabs
    Ah ok mate Arabest.

Harkes potentially has a great career ahead of him.
    Style & athleticism.
    He could net us a couple of million.

He was outstanding second half v ICT
    What is it exactly you're looking for? Del Piero?

Its not about what im looking for bud, its more that i see all too often that a laddie wi potential comes into the team, sets up a wave of optimism then ends up like a Scott Fraser with us fans turning on them when they fall off our pedestal! He arrived with a fanfare, scored on his debut and i think some fans are riding that wave. I just aint seen it in the games ive been to, but he always does something nice(or several things last week) so there is something there. Like Whitfield says, his class is obvious, but there is a lot of work to be done.

Having seen Harkes doon toon over the weekend, i would say he is settling into his new environment just fine and has no problems with local food!

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    Its not about what im looking for bud, its more that i see all too often that a laddie wi potential comes into the team, sets up a wave of optimism then ends up like a Scott Fraser with us fans turning on them when they fall off our pedestal! He arrived with a fanfare, scored on his debut and i think some fans are riding that wave. I just aint seen it in the games ive been to, but he always does something nice(or several things last week) so there is something there. Like Whitfield says, his class is obvious, but there is a lot of work to be done.

Having seen Harkes doon toon over the weekend, i would say he is settling into his new environment just fine and has no problems with local food!
    Agree with most of what you say there. Not sure he arrived with a fanfare though? Few had heard of him.
    I'm not bumming him up as the new Billy Baggio. What I said before the second leg v ICT was that we needed him to step his game up and to be fair he did. Agree that on some of our games earlier in the season he didn't make the expected impact.
    It's early days for him as I said and the fans need to be patient. I think he's struggled with aspects of the Scottish game but I think he's finding his feet now. Another good performance tomorrow please Ian.

Ultimately Ian Harkes is miles ahead of any centre midfielder we started the season with.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    Ultimately Ian Harkes is miles ahead of any centre midfielder we started the season with.
    agreed

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)