+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Fixtures list

Fixtures list

Just a question for you guys, does anybody know when the fixture list is being released? I have looked and can't find anything. Thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by irish_pie View Post
    Just a question for you guys, does anybody know when the fixture list is being released? I have looked and can't find anything. Thanks in advance
    This is all I can find:

EFL
    The 72 clubs in the three divisions of the EFL will be able to map out their seasons on Thursday, June 20 when the fixtures for the 2019-20 season are released at 9am.

The season begins on the weekend of August 2.

National League
    Fans of clubs in the National League will need to wait a further week or so before learning their fixture schedule.

The National League, like in seasons gone by, will wait until the fixtures for the Premier League and EFL have been finalised before revealing their schedule, most likely to be released in early July.

The season will begin on the weekend of Saturday, August 2, while there is also likely to be a Friday night match to kick off the campaign, and will finish on Saturday, April 25.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    This is all I can find:

EFL
    The 72 clubs in the three divisions of the EFL will be able to map out their seasons on Thursday, June 20 when the fixtures for the 2019-20 season are released at 9am.

The season begins on the weekend of August 2.

National League
    Fans of clubs in the National League will need to wait a further week or so before learning their fixture schedule.

The National League, like in seasons gone by, will wait until the fixtures for the Premier League and EFL have been finalised before revealing their schedule, most likely to be released in early July.

The season will begin on the weekend of Saturday, August 2, while there is also likely to be a Friday night match to kick off the campaign, and will finish on Saturday, April 25.
    Thanks a million for the the info Elite.... my brothers girlfriend lives in Leeds and she is very close to both Harrogate and Halifax so looking to get my flights booked early Sure is gonna be strange walking into these tiny grounds!

The bit that bothers me most is where it says "there is also likely to be a Friday night match to kick off the campaign". Without wishing to appear arrogant, I would think that is very likely to be us as new boys. I'm old school, so I like footy matches that kick off at 3pm on a Saturday afternoon or 7:45pm on a Tuesday evening. Financial bonus aside, it's bloody annoying to think that TV might dictate to us more even though we're a division lower.

Its quite interesting to see that last season Orient played 12 National lge games on a tuesday night.

Quote Originally Posted by Dunce View Post
    Its quite interesting to see that last season Orient played 12 National lge games on a tuesday night.
    Part of the reason is that I think there are officially five Saturdays “lost” for cup competitions - two for the Fa Cup in October and November, and three for the FA Trophy in Jan/Feb. Plus Saturday league games will be postponed if you advance in either cup (Orient play Fylde in the FA Trophy final tomorrow).

The National League has a daunting start - this was last year’s from August 4 to September 8, when 10 league games were played in just 35 days: Sat/Tue/Sat/Tue/Sat/Sat/Bank holiday Monday/Sat/Tue/Sat. We’d played 7 league games at the same stage in L2 (plus two cup ties with weakened sides - well, even more weakened sides than usual).

The bit that bothers me most is where it says "there is also likely to be a Friday night match to kick off the campaign". Without wishing to appear arrogant, I would think that is very likely to be us as new boys. I'm old school, so I like footy matches that kick off at 3pm on a Saturday afternoon or 7:45pm on a Tuesday evening. Financial bonus aside, it's bloody annoying to think that TV might dictate to us more even though we're a division lower.
    And you just know that, if we are picked for telly in that game, we'll be away at one of the newly-promoted sides and lose 3-0, irrespective of how positive pre-season was.

There's nothing arrogant about that statement Elite, you are spot on... we are the highest profile club at this level, it will be a cup final for most of the teams in the league....I think we will feature quite a lot on the tv this season so I can imagine some horrible kick off days and times just to please them.

Quote Originally Posted by irish_pie View Post
    There's nothing arrogant about that statement Elite, you are spot on... we are the highest profile club at this level, it will be a cup final for most of the teams in the league....I think we will feature quite a lot on the tv this season so I can imagine some horrible kick off days and times just to please them.
    Reasonably interesting to say it's the Red Rag?

https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport...y-face-2850467