+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Close season topics - the squad

He's on £51, 000 a week and he's rubbish.

Wouldn’t go so far as to say he is rubbish but OMG if he is on 51k per week.

Quote Originally Posted by denver11 View Post
    He's on £51, 000 a week and he's rubbish.

I seriously doubt that and if it is true where is your evidence?

https://www.spotrac.com/epl/manchest...arrison-24966/

Put that in your pipe and smoke it. Why would I make that up? ffs

Quote Originally Posted by denver11 View Post
    https://www.spotrac.com/epl/manchest...arrison-24966/

Put that in your pipe and smoke it. Why would I make that up? ffs
    Well, if it's on the 'Interweb' then it must be true.

Quote Originally Posted by joellufcprice View Post
    Harrison has the makings of a good player. This was his first season in full British football and he has shown glimpses of real quality. He knows Bielsa, he can and does play the style Bielsa wants and works incredibly hard + isn't up his own arse.

Personally if we got offered the chance to pay say 3m for him I'd definitely take a chance on him.
    Try 20 thats his value wage 51k a week
    Please can you tell me how we can afford that

Quote Originally Posted by klix View Post
    Try 20 thats his value wage 51k a week
    Please can you tell me how we can afford that
    I know that what Man City have quoted, but the good news is that means Philips must be worth £100 million in comparison based on this season?

Harrison was often the weak link in the our squad, so my logic is that we must have at least 20-25 players worth more than him

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by LeedsFTW View Post
    I know that what Man City have quoted, but the good news is that means Philips must be worth £100 million in comparison based on this season?

Harrison was often the weak link in the our squad, so my logic is that we must have at least 20-25 players worth more than him
    20 mil they want for him and leeds are desperate to keep him i mean wtf the season just got worse.

Quote Originally Posted by LeedsFTW View Post
    I think Casilla definitely has at times displayed skills/attributes that show that he should be a better class of GK than BPF. However his overall his performances this season have not been been any better than what we have seen from BPF.

I would consider offloading Casilla because he is on big money which I think could be well used on other signings. Casilla has flattered to deceive imo.

Now as for BPF, I genuinely don't know if we should keep him or not. I don't think he pushed on the way we had hoped, he was pretty dodgy in a number of games around October/November and cost us a few points, but then I am sure every keeper has a difficult phase they have to work through. Someone on this forum ( I can't remember their name now and I scoffed at them at the time) suggested that BPF's agility and ability to deal with long range shots was questionable, I would now be in agreement and I think other teams have also worked this out.

So I think we either replace both with a new No.1 ( I don't know who would be better or available for us) or we promote BPF back to first choice and have Huffer to provide competition.
    Look at goals conceded when BPF was between the sticks, with a defensive formation that got changed more often than Alfs missus knickers, and those shipped from the time our saviour from Barcelona took over (with a defence that was largely unchanged from the New Year onwards.

Worth millions to prize him away from Barca? Nah.

Quote Originally Posted by ozleeds View Post
    20 mil they want for him and leeds are desperate to keep him i mean wtf the season just got worse.
    Mentioned my moniker!

Don't believe all you see in the "meedja" although if true I'm with you. Harrison should NEVER play for Leeds again.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)