+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Close season topics - the squad

Btw, have time in my hands chilling after a 15 hour day at Southampton General, just thought I'd add my inimitably intelligent contribution (just to please B. I'm good like that😉

MOT

Well, our owner has been quoted in a few articles I've read that we will not be spending much during Summer. I really think we need a 20+ goals a season scoring striker more than any other position and they ain't cheap. Season stats that I've heard was we were scoring 1 in 12 chances, Average teams 1 in 6-7. Top teams 1 in 3-4.

That means one of 2 things imo, we are either gonna sell all the players that don't figure in the squad which have been on loan throughout the season or we are going to sell one of our better players. Can't see us getting much for the players that haven't featured this season.

Quote Originally Posted by fredlufc74 View Post
    Well, our owner has been quoted in a few articles I've read that we will not be spending much during Summer. I really think we need a 20+ goals a season scoring striker more than any other position and they ain't cheap. Season stats that I've heard was we were scoring 1 in 12 chances, Average teams 1 in 6-7. Top teams 1 in 3-4.

That means one of 2 things imo, we are either gonna sell all the players that don't figure in the squad which have been on loan throughout the season or we are going to sell one of our better players. Can't see us getting much for the players that haven't featured this season.
    You've answered your own (unspoken) question.

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    Mentioned my moniker!

Don't believe all you see in the "meedja" although if true I'm with you. Harrison should NEVER play for Leeds again.
    And now this from our owner.

Radrizzani also admitted he will not spend big money this summer in pursuit of promotion with Leeds.

'We will have to run a difficult summer in terms of transfer market but we have a great academy,' he added.

What academy belsia hardly gave the kids a chance?

Hardly going to advertise upfront even if we were to splash the cash right, cos that would be stupid?
    Beilsa made it clear several times over the season, that the 1 single thing that was killing us was the ability to NOT put our chances away. Do you really think that if Beilsa decides to stay, that there wouldŽnt have been a serious discussion about adressing that singular issue?
    If he stays, expect to see a 20+ goals a season man arriving also. might well be that someone who beilsa feels we can get along without might be sold to balance the books, but hey, thats life. I for one trust his judgement.

Quote Originally Posted by asturianblanco View Post
    Hardly going to advertise upfront even if we were to splash the cash right, cos that would be stupid?
    Beilsa made it clear several times over the season, that the 1 single thing that was killing us was the ability to NOT put our chances away. Do you really think that if Beilsa decides to stay, that there wouldŽnt have been a serious discussion about adressing that singular issue?
    If he stays, expect to see a 20+ goals a season man arriving also. might well be that someone who beilsa feels we can get along without might be sold to balance the books, but hey, thats life. I for one trust his judgement.
    Maybe his not staying who knows as he said somewhere that the group of players he had this season won't be as good next as they gave it there all. So on that i presume meant heaps of new players to come in plus the bright academy players which he doesn't play.
    So in one hand new players the other not many new players.Don't know who to believe but i sort of lean with the second hand as it's the one paying the bills.

Barbet from Brentford on a free
    Freeman from QPR for a few million
    Gayle from Newcastle for 10 million
    Cavallero from Wolves for 6 million.
    Rough prices. These type of players. Get bits back on those we can sell. Should be cash for Saiz and Ekuban. It really isnt much. Maybe 10 million net spend ?

Think this could be a very grim summer. All starts with MB. We lose him and it cascades. Even if we keep him I think we have some big losses to prem clubs

Not sure if anyone would take him but offload Kiko and use that money for a striker. I would like to see Edmonson given a chance. Big brawny young kid. Not sure he fits MB's style

BPF has dodgy moments but never gave a game away like the derby game. some truly insane off the line stuff... even when our defender was on the attacker. I don't think Kiko won us any games and BPF was not much worse. it's a push but one costs a whole lot less and is much younger.

I think we lose Jannson and Phillips over the summer and that's tough to replace. Berardi was too hot headed and cooper not much better at times. I think citeh will want too much for Harrison. Pablo may take some prem money and some less play time which might suit his age well. he was wore out later in the year. Think roofe will be stolen as well. we'll be stuck with Bamford unless Orta pulls a miracle.

think we have to find some hidden gems with some championship experience. orta will earn his money this year.

all doom and gloom! Jannson already stated hes going nowhere, Phillips is a leeds lad, a fan, been totally transformed under Beilsa, why would he want to move?
    i do think though that Beilsa WILL sell one or 2 if he thinks the market value is over the top and he can replace them cheaper and use the money better elsewhere.All depends on the Rad i guess, going to be interesting...

for example, this would be good business, could fund a new striker.....

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...ck-Clarke.html

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)