+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Close season topics - the squad

Quote Originally Posted by asturianblanco View Post
    for example, this would be good business, could fund a new striker.....

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...ck-Clarke.html
    For that price, that one should be dismissed out of hand. If City can value Harrison at £20 mill then Clarke is defo worth a lot more.

Looking at some of the retained lists in championship, some names that stand out for me, am sure there are a few more but I havn't seen them enough:
    3 experienced who know this league (and us in 1 case), Bradley Johnson (Derby) , Alan Judge (Ipswich), Wes Hoolahan (Norwich)
    2 starlets whose careers have gone pants: Jack Rodwell (Blackburn) Josh McEachran (Brentford)

£10m good business for Clarke? What the f-ck?

Quote Originally Posted by fredlufc74 View Post
    Well, our owner has been quoted in a few articles I've read that we will not be spending much during Summer.
    As a reader (still) I noted this valid point of merit Fred which is pretty much 'nail on head' sadly.
    Just wanted to point out that many of our recent players came with 'buyer beware' provenance whether that be injury history,personal issues or transfer payment schedules to fit our owners long term financial plan.
    Whatever it was a great season with great away days played in hostile packed out stadiums and great TV for those to veiw.
    In truth we would have struggled if we had gone up,IMO,so hopefully many lessons learned and that more financial clout will be available if this season's hard work,off the pitch,bears promised offered financial fruition .........

ps - Hope your okay WTF & your wife makes positive progress.
    MOT

Thanks for the best wishes to Mrs WTF, as for being okay, nah, but what can you expect, where there's life, there's hope.

MOT and not just Leeds.

............ a cliche I know but you've got keep on believing.

Always two sides of the coin I know but don't become isolated & keep expressing your views on life,family,Leeds Utd and make sure all support UK services are delivering for your family requirements too.

MOT

Nick Powell free from Wigan as he is out of contract. We should be in for him. Its our price range ! Apparently Stoke have moved for him already.

if it were me, (and its not), the 15 seniors we had this season all deserve another crack at this. buy/sign 3 more good senior players so marcelo has his senior 18 (effectively an 11 plus bench), and then weve a loada good kids in the u23s, if the 3 we bring in are really good, then i think thats all we need, lets remember a few things here

bielsa doesnt like a big squad, that way it guarentees players are happy and get game time
    the 3 players they bring in (if it is 3) may well be loans or freebies based on Radz recent words
    our u23s will start the season with some more experience than last, so expect them to be better equipped this next season coming

i can't wait to see who we start with next season so lets hope this summer goes quickly

Strong rumours that Casilla could be off..did he come here for a 'prem pay day' and now that's gone tits up wants out?

Quote Originally Posted by Rev72 View Post
    Strong rumours that Casilla could be off..did he come here for a 'prem pay day' and now that's gone tits up wants out?
    Strong rumours Hart is on his way to Leeds Rev.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)