+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Derby

Derby

They are playing amazing football at the right time. A few weeks ago they were getting trounced by us and beating Blues against the run of play with a dodgy late goal.

Suddenly they are ripping teams apart and even losing a player to a red card looks like a blessing in disguise as salty old pro Ashley Cole comes up against Villa’s 2 worst players in Adomah or Green unless Delano throws Kodjia as a surprise starter he might have an easy day.

Whelan has to come back into the starting 11. Conor doesn’t do enough for me. Let him come on late as both teams tire.

I have a feeling we may be holding on for pens in this game so I hope Jed has a couple more heroic saves in him.

Dean Smith never sets up to draw mate. It'll be a nervous game, v certainly a nervous start anyway for both teams. I don't know what the highest scoring final ever is, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if this becomes it.

I don't care so long as we win. 1 game away from the Premier League and all its riches with jew owners who can spend what they like pretty much, it's a 50/50 game.

I've seen Derby in the playoffs a few times. I don't think there's a team that's lost in the final more times is there?

New owners. I don't know what religion they are

The two worse teams in the playoffs 5th& 6th it should have been wba on away goals like all the other competitions FA ****ing useless come on derby

You still here? 🤔 I think you are right. I think the baggies should have gone up. In fact, they should never have gone down. You should write to the FA, Eufa, your MP, The Queen and see what you can get done. Don't spare a moment. Waste not a second and keep at it for at least a year.

Ta ra

Of course, the blabbing child and font of all knowledge is still here Sam.

Blaming the F.A. for an EFL sanctioned competition???

No other EFL competition uses the away goal rule, play offs or the League cup semi finals. And of course, EVERY one of the 72 EFL clubs knew this at the start of the season, the ruling wasn’t made up in between the 2 legs.

Child, blabbing embarrassingly to anyone who might put an arm around it. “There there Babbs, I know, I know. Why don’t you go tell all those nice people on the leeds board. My brave little soldier”.

Desperate, pathetic, snowflake reaction.

Back on topic - Derby looked bloody good, amazing how momentum can transform a team.

Kodj has to start ahead of Adomah or Green, I thought Conor did a reasonable job apart from the period in the game when they were pressing us and we tried to be clever & play through it, too many mistakes from Jed and others as the nerves kicked in. If it wasn't for Conor we'd have lost and his penalty was superb.

Quote Originally Posted by Palmeras View Post
    The two worse teams in the playoffs 5th& 6th it should have been wba on away goals like all the other competitions FA ****ing useless come on derby
    Jeez, bet you’re fun at parties

If your team is outclassed or the referee's had a stinker man up handle it !

If Gayle & Brunt metaphorically buy a blunderbuss and start shooting themselves in the foot its painful grow a pair handle it !

Not everyone in West Bromwich is mortally wounded following W B A’s depressing demise

Bin men will have extra gelt next pay day due to the council having to scramble emergency garbage crews late on Tuesday evening to clear tons of waste material/cheap tacky plastic blue/white flags strewn across the borough

I don't want to pee on your parade but have you heard about the huge asteroid headed your way

I read on a Derby fan site that they're going to play a diamond formation, two up front and swamp Jack through the midfield. Someone tell Dean. To be fair their fans seem quite decent and level headed. Sure do enjoy painting themselves as the underdogs though.

Quote Originally Posted by ozfan View Post
    I read on a Derby fan site that they're going to play a diamond formation, two up front and swamp Jack through the midfield.
    Oz ….In the words of the prophet Mike Tyson, “Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth.”

I expect a difficult game, they were impressive going forward against Leeds,mind you Leeds defending was like watching an old Keystone Cops moving picture

However if we can get at their back line Derby do appear vulnerable

Glad to see you back Oz !

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)