+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Help - Pittodrie History.

Help - Pittodrie History.

Hi,

A friend of mine has asked me to post on here in the off chance that anyone has any information regarding a part of the stadium's history.

In 2013 there was a thread on here in which someone stated that they knew someone who had removed part of the old stand roof, and my friend and I were wondering if that person is still reading the forum, and also if they still have the artefact? The part was triangular and was apparently removed from a skip.

I was asked to reiterate that the only intention in this regard is for the artefact in question to be seen and acknowledged, as it is an important part in the club's history. We would also like to stress that if anyone does come forward, they will be acknowledged as having saved an important part of the club's history, and therefore justifiably honoured.

If anyone has any information, we would be very grateful for it.

Thanks in advance.

The Leitch gable would have been removed when the roof was extended when the standing enclosure was seated in 1967. The club records were destroyed in the 1971 fire.

There was a online article about some recent architectural research which has more or less proven that Leitch was the architect, something that had been in doubt. I’ll dig around and see if I can locate it.

It's DevanaHistoria that's asking. They did the article.

That’s the online article I saw. 👍

That story has been around for a few years now. Don't know why they're claiming it's new?

Quote Originally Posted by deedon View Post
    That story has been around for a few years now. Don't know why they're claiming it's new?
    Edit to say, think it was a P&J story I read...but not years ago... probably earlier this year. Doh!