+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why we failed this year and will again next year?

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    True, but Sven was never going to be sustainable.
    Notts recruited early last season. Recruiting early is one thing but you still need to sign the correct players.

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    Notts recruited early last season. Recruiting early is one thing but you still need to sign the correct players.
    Spot on pal anyone with a brain knows we need a Strodder type CB and a few Ravenhills but d*ckheads like Hardy and Fletcher thought differently.

I am hoping we use a few of our youngsters next season it’s the way forward.

I know we're talking different universes in terms of ability, but isn't the Ajax captain 19?

Quote Originally Posted by ForeignLegion View Post
    I know we're talking different universes in terms of ability, but isn't the Ajax captain 19?
    Yes he is De Ligt superb CB.

Do you reckon he'd make the move, to fit into the new youth policy at Notts, that some are keen to see happen?

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    True, but Sven was never going to be sustainable.
    You can never quite bring yourself to believe Charlie did anything right😊

Quote Originally Posted by forwardmagpie View Post
    You can never quite bring yourself to believe Charlie did anything right😊
    He did loads of things right.

When he was a player.

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post
    Spot on pal anyone with a brain knows we need a Strodder type CB and a few Ravenhills but d*ckheads like Hardy and Fletcher thought differently.
    Why are you aiming at them specifically? Do you know for sure they selected players and forced Nolan to buy them? I thought Nolan was the manager with responsibility for recruitment?
    Last edited by SwalePie; 19-05-2019 at 11:46 AM. Reason: fixed quote code error

I think the reason we fail is due to a lack of a consistent club plan and identity. We've chopped and changed both managers and players way too much.

Personally I like the Exeter model. We should aim to bring through and buy in young talented players and build a small, tight and energetic squad. If a player has a bad game or two, we can't just bin them. And we should aim to sell first-team players on up the leagues for £500k every so often and balance our books.

Even if it means staying in non-league for a few seasons I'd like to see us try this approach. Otherwise we'll be in the same boat in another 5-10 years again.

On the above note, I'd really like to see Bird, Patching, Crawford, Osborne and Etete as regulars in the matchday squad next season. They're all young and all under contract. How will we ever know if they're good enough if they're never given a chance to play for us?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast