+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: O/T brexit part 2

Quote Originally Posted by Pattylallacks2 View Post
    Yes, just like RUFC we have too many whingers
    Ouch! Time you threw the towel in Patty!

Quote Originally Posted by wendun View Post
    Ouch! Time you threw the towel in Patty!
    Yup

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    Yes but presumably the BBC pays to enter the competition which, arguably is a waste of licence payers' money as we usually finish near the bottom.
    Very bottom, don't think the EU like us for some reason!

Even if we had Paul McCartney singing an unreleased song from the Revolver sessions we wouldn't win.

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    Very bottom, don't think the EU like us for some reason!

Even if we had Paul McCartney singing an unreleased song from the Revolver sessions we wouldn't win.

Very true, we are the Millwall of Eurovision.

But basically the whole thing is one big freak show.

What we don't know is how much the BBC pays to the Eurovision club, it's information they refuse to publish. Whatever it is there's the extra added costs of transporting presenter, crew etc to the host nations paying all their expenses along the way.

I'm sure there are people that love the program but on the same point there are lots of people that like Jeremy Kyle, Judge Rinder and Love Island.

It's always been popular with gay men, I don't know if they enjoy it ironically or not though.

In terms of music and talent it's pretty dreadful.

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    It's always been popular with gay men, I don't know if they enjoy it ironically or not though.
    Well g_f, you must have a few gay friends so why don't you ask them?

Why do many of the acts sing in English?
    Not really representative of those countries and it appears to be cheating a little bit

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    Why do many of the acts sing in English?
    Not really representative of those countries and it appears to be cheating a little bit
    Most foreign languages are rubbish. Gibberish. Latin was OK for a family motto or smartrrse epigram but all the rest are nonsensical. The masses know this and learn English asap but the bloody pseudo-intellectual middle classes insist they keep road signs and Govt pamphlets in Welsh or Urdu or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by wendun View Post
    Most foreign languages are rubbish. Gibberish. Latin was OK for a family motto or smartrrse epigram but all the rest are nonsensical. The masses know this and learn English asap but the bloody pseudo-intellectual middle classes insist they keep road signs and Govt pamphlets in Welsh or Urdu or whatever.
    Not the French who refuse to believe that the world is round!

A couple of points. Firstly only half of the competitors are in the EU so it has got **** all to do with that but you guys know that already didn't you? Secondly, the BBC pays for almost all of it. That is why we don't have to qualify.
    For what its worth, I can't imagine a bigger pile of crap and next year I think we should just get 2 gorillas on either side of the stage to fling **** at each other and we'll get the same result but TV would be a sad and desolate place if only things I like were shown.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast