+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: O/T brexit part 2

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    Very bottom, don't think the EU like us for some reason!

Even if we had Paul McCartney singing an unreleased song from the Revolver sessions we wouldn't win.
    We'd be lucky to get nil points

Every song that that I remember that has won Eurovision has been a catchy song people can sing along too, we don’t win it because our songs have no rhythm and our singers prefer to scream instead of sing. The song 3 years ago hero was fantastic I was singing it all week what was our entry a song with lyrics I want to win, ffs pity votes only

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    Why do many of the acts sing in English?
    Not really representative of those countries and it appears to be cheating a little bit
    Until 1999 all countries were obliged to sing their entry in one of the official languages of the country concerned. As most European languages, with the possible exceptions of French and Italian, sound like a 2CV with gear box trouble, England did quite well, winning the competition on several occasions. Once countries were able to sing in the language of their choice the Eastern European and Scandinavian countries started to come into their own, whereas le Royaume-Uni has managed to collect fewer points than Chesterfield FC

Only catchy Eurovision song I can think of is "My Lovely Horse" and that wasn't a real one.

Quote Originally Posted by Pattylallacks2 View Post
    Until 1999 all countries were obliged to sing their entry in one of the official languages of the country concerned. As most European languages, with the possible exceptions of French and Italian, sound like a 2CV with gear box trouble, England did quite well, winning the competition on several occasions. Once countries were able to sing in the language of their choice the Eastern European and Scandinavian countries started to come into their own, whereas le Royaume-Uni has managed to collect fewer points than Chesterfield FC
    ABBA were a great example of that. Singing in Swedish they were getting nowhere so Bjorn and Benny decided on a shot at Eurovision singing in English

A global phenomenon was born.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    ABBA were a great example of that. Singing in Swedish they were getting nowhere so Bjorn and Benny decided on a shot at Eurovision singing in English

A global phenomenon was born.
    Not one of their better songs though IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    Not one of their better songs though IMO.

They have better songs?

They have better songs?
    No, but lovely ti ts

Quote Originally Posted by Pattylallacks2 View Post
    No, but lovely ti ts
    I'm sure Bjorn and Benny would be really pleased to get that comment

I'm sure Bjorn and Benny would be really pleased to get that comment
    Those girls never did much for me; I was more a Tove Jensen man.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast