+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AFC - In Court Today - forum idea.

AFC - In Court Today - forum idea.

I would love to set up a linked site to this one ... where we select various players and management to a court style trial ... as in Reds vs The Accused .... facebook would be a good option, but I don't think I could find the time to manage it myself ... would prob need another 4 or 5 admins if we can agree on a format/procedural norm.

My vision .... we have a single thread here for nominations/nominations/citations/arrest warrants

The admins communicate via a facebook group message, and select who 'goes to court'.

Sorry, but I would be loathe to start the process with Deek or Wiggy ... better we start with something easy like Ryan Jack, or Tomas Solberg, or maybe Ryan Christie .... but ... anyway ...

Here's the jist ....

We 'open court' by announcing the 'accused' .... and invite AFC fans to submit testimony/video evince ... character witness statements etc ( so we might need to make it a private group ... or a group where members only can post ... and so, would be good if folks interested could PM me and be given a link ... should I deem this worthy of setting up )

And then ..... we set about presenting our case for what we wish to present for. Admins will delete any comments which are 'irrelevant' ... ie bickering which adds nothing to the case either way ... and if a full 48 hour period elapses where no new evidence is submitted, the word 'Verdict forthcoming' will be posted.

After this, members will be allowed to post only 'guilty'or 'not guilty' .... all other posts will be deleted ... and persistent 'boat-rockers' will be ... err ... 'disbarred'

I think this could be good fun ... I realise it cannot be conducted on these pages, but I like this site, and would want it to be an extension rather than a replacement of AFC mad .....

I will only set this up if there is a good response to this post, and a few of you folks are willing to 'timeshare' the admin of the facebook page.

...... to add .... I would prefer a page which everyone can read, but only members can post .... the group message between admins can be used to 'vet' member requests, as well as decide 'who's next in court' and decide if certain members' behaviour warrants 'chucking out' etc.

Of course, said page will link back to AFC Mad ... and connect to other AFC relevant Pages/sites ... which might even get some more folks contributing here ... which would be good!

You've obviously got a lot of spare time on your hands.......are you throwing them a in Peterheid Prison aifter they're found guilty ?

I don't think we've had good late night ideas like this since gospel of thomas used to post.

Quote Originally Posted by mondo_notion View Post
    I don't think we've had good late night ideas like this since gospel of thomas used to post.
    He was golden entertainment

Quote Originally Posted by mondo_notion View Post
    Gospel of Thomas.......I recall his late night musings with some fondness.

Was he the legendary "Hugh Mungus" with a new moniker or am I confusing him with anither chiel?

Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob View Post
    Gospel of Thomas.......I recall his late night musings with some fondness.

Was he the legendary "Hugh Mungus" with a new moniker or am I confusing him with anither chiel?
    I'm pretty certain that it was indeed the Donside caffeine magnate himsel.

To be honest I can't remember but I do mind logging on in the morning and finding new threads popped up overnight with 7 or 8 posts all by GOT in them having a drunken conversation with himself. They were well funny, hope he's doing ok.

Ach weel ... thought it might be a good fun .... somethin a wee bit mair focussed than maist threads far we start questionin oor away kit design, and end up blamin Considine ... ... nivver mind, wis worth a try

I dinna do Facebook so id be nae ees

Quote Originally Posted by NaeMairNeeps View Post
    Ach weel ... thought it might be a good fun .... somethin a wee bit mair focussed than maist threads far we start questionin oor away kit design, and end up blamin Considine ... ... nivver mind, wis worth a try
    Well worth a try, i dont do facebook but Milne is guilty as phuck...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast