+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: 3-0 arseoyling for crisis club OGC Nice

3-0 arseoyling for crisis club OGC Nice

The OGC Nice spiral of decline under Dog's ownership reached another level of despair for the restless Nice fans as they suffered a 3-0 thrashing at St Etienne last night. Only bottom club Guingamp have scored less goals than Nice, just one goal less. Poor fare indeed to serve up to the Nice fans, who were promised so much when Dog arrived.

They finish the season with the Rich Boys' Cote D'Azur derby at home to Monaco next week. "President" Goat will enjoy one of the best views in the stadium as he oversees another disappointing season for the club despite the hype at the time of Dog's takeover.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 19-05-2019 at 07:40 AM.

howabout he loans moore and woodrow to club

There may be a chink (no pun intended) in the policy of "buy young and cheap, develop and sell", or it may just be pillaking, in that Goat, who has pillaked fans in various roles in the past, has suggested to Nice fans that they are looking at Olivier Giroud to address the striker crisis that has been created.
    It may be that Dog realises that one or two experienced Championship players may be needed at his other club, Barnsley FC, next season.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 19-05-2019 at 08:03 AM.

Nice are in 8th place.....hardly a crisis that.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonTyke View Post
    It is compared to where they used to be when Dog took over. Now mid table mediocracy with fans suffering low scoring drudgery. All down to Dog's failure to invest transfer surpluses back into club over last two years.

Barnsley fans beware of comments such as " all transfer money will be re-invested in the club" as the OGC Nice example indicates that such statements may not be the whole truth and nothing but the truth. "The club" does not necessarily mean the transfer budget at the club.

No they come out saying they've invested heavily in players facilities

Quote Originally Posted by DOOALI View Post
    No they come out saying they've invested heavily in players facilities
    I read that as well Dools but I'm not sure what this "heavy investment" consists of. I heard they had re-furbished the gym at a cost of £80, 000 (a fraction of the Bradshaw/Potts/Moncur income) but I would be interested to know what else they have done as I've not seen anything else built beyond what was already there.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 19-05-2019 at 11:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonTyke View Post
    From playing champions and europa league football it is .

I see lack of investment and stagnation myself .

Once you start competing at European level it should be relatively easier to attract the talent necessary to maintain those levels .

The way I see it they have pillaged the playing assets and kept the money to pay for the purchase of the club .

Their fancy words no longer wash with me and I'm sufficiently satisfied their ownership here isn't about the best intentions for the club and supporters but rather their own personal gain .

The only question is how long it will take before ALL IS REVEALED .

It always comes out eventually .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    From playing champions and europa league football it is .

I see lack of investment and stagnation myself .

Once you start competing at European level it should be relatively easier to attract the talent necessary to maintain those levels .

The way I see it they have pillaged the playing assets and kept the money to pay for the purchase of the club .

Their fancy words no longer wash with me and I'm sufficiently satisfied their ownership here isn't about the best intentions for the club and supporters but rather their own personal gain .

The only question is how long it will take before ALL IS REVEALED .

It always comes out eventually .

I quote Paul Conway at the takeover press conference referring to BFC recent profits made from player sales "Too good to be true"

Said a lot did that