+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: OT: There goes my first love

Quote Originally Posted by wendun View Post
    Lol, I remember that song very well from my youth but don't know which version I listened to.
    Did you go to the Co-OP disco as we’ll just off the stag roundabout.It was Big D Erwin’s version at the Charade.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolmorgan View Post
    Did you go to the Co-OP disco as we’ll just off the stag roundabout.It was Big D Erwin’s version at the Charade.
    No, Lol, just the Charade. Started going around 1968-9 when a bloke called Dave ran it. Before that went to a place in a basement up Moorgate that played soul but had no license for booze, only bottles of coke. Occasionally went through on the train to the Top Rank but it could get a bit dodgy.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolmorgan View Post
    Would you like to swing on a star.Big D Erwin.
    Don't you just hate it when a tune gets into your head. A drizzly Monday morning in Seattle and a tall, grey haired Englishman is walking to catch the train. One woman turns to another and comments "Did he just say, or would you rather be a fish?"

PS If this song was written today the animal rights lobby would have it banned in no time as it's derogatory to mules, pigs and fish, plus the suggestion that all the monkeys aren't in a zoo would raise some race relations objections.
    Last edited by CAMiller; 20-05-2019 at 04:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wendun View Post
    Haha! The Number 1 when I emerged in May 1952 was Blue Tango by Leroy Anderson - a song I have never heard so far as I know. Oddly enough though the Most Played Jukebox Song that month was Doris Day's A Guy is a Guy.
    The US chart wendun The UK didn't have one at that time.

Great tune though. Much better than my own birthday no. 1 (even longer ago)

Quote Originally Posted by wrinkly View Post
    The US chart wendun The UK didn't have one at that time.

Great tune though. Much better than my own birthday no. 1 (even longer ago)
    Wrinkly, always thought you were from the Beatles era, wernt you the one who started the Sgt Pepper song ont TIVOLI.?? how did it go...Someone as shouted "the ref is a barsteward" the language is not at all clean.!!! (lucy in the sky with diamonds)

Used to love the charade..met my first girlfriend there

No 1 on my birthday was.

Cliff Richard and The Drifters (AKA The Shadows)
    Living Doll

Quote Originally Posted by gm_gm View Post
    Used to love the charade..met my first girlfriend there
    I split with my first girlfriend there and met my second girlfriend same night. Great spot was the Charade. Wrinkly, thanks for the info on charts - hadn't realised. BigLad, I also didn't know that the Shadows were called the Drifters. Popular name as my brother's short lived band was Mike Condor & The Drifters - famous in their own lunchtime.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123