+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anyone that's got a ticket but their Mrs says they cannot go?

Quote Originally Posted by lewyman633 View Post
    I've got my ticket
    i just wanted one for my lad' same as usual though there will be people there who never go
    Couldn't agree more I know at least ten who have bought them by paying over the odds Good luck for getting one for your lad but try not paying more than face value Only encourages them Loads going for stupid prices on line at both ends of the ground

To be fair he’s not that bothered about football,l prefers his cars and motorbike , but he fancied a day out
    He just said at least you tried to get me one.

Where it went tits up IMO is after the first tranche. ST holders and certain "members" were allowed 1 ticket each. No more. That was right and proper. When they went on general sale, those who already had a ticket should NOT have been allowed to buy another one. Everybody should have had to buy their own ticket using their own fan ID. Not, as was the case, being able to buy up to 10 if you had that many valid fan IDs. I realise some might want to sit together but IMO naking sure allocation of tickets is fair then 1 per ID should have been the way.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Where it went tits up IMO is after the first tranche. ST holders and certain "members" were allowed 1 ticket each. No more. That was right and proper. When they went on general sale, those who already had a ticket should NOT have been allowed to buy another one. Everybody should have had to buy their own ticket using their own fan ID. Not, as was the case, being able to buy up to 10 if you had that many valid fan IDs. I realise some might want to sit together but IMO naking sure allocation of tickets is fair then 1 per ID should have been the way.
    I think that’s spot on MA. Villa seem to have done it more fairly than us...seems to depend, to a large extent, on how often a person has been this season with them.

Personally I obviously wanted to go but recognise that my ‘attendance record’ this season wouldn’t - for a variety of reasons - have put me at the front of the queue even if it had been done fairly.
    What is wrong, imo, is for those who’ve barely been since Wembley 2007 to somehow acquire tickets over regulars (not me) who happen not to be able to afford a season ticket.

Villa did ST holders first then something like fans with over 5 home games, then 3 and then 1. My nephew had been to 2 home games and 4 away. He knew he wasn't going to get a ticket so he went down the "clandestine" route using business connections to get a seat in the Villa end.

I contacted a number of ex players I am in touch with, both Derby and other clubs, but even they could not get any themselves.

Most replied, but the only one that took the hump was Lee Carsley

I haven't got a ticket and didn't want one until all the main lot there got theres, its only fair that the one's who go to ALL the games get their tickets, then the next are the one's who go to most home games, then 5+ home games etc

It makes my blood boil when you read about a disabled lad who's been to all the games this season and was told he can't go esp when there's wa*kers out there getting a ticket who have never been to a Derby match in their life, and get one because they were a fu**ing suit, only to ask £800 for it ffs. Why don't they give 45,000 each to both sets of fans? instead of this 35,000 nonsense and the rest going to corporate scum?

I know 2 season ticket holders who have gone on holiday, who have given their tickets to two people
    One last match was QPR at Wembley and the other one has never been.

[QUOTE=MadAmster;39228106]Where it went tits up IMO is after the first tranche. ST holders and certain "members" were allowed 1 ticket each. No more. That was right and proper. When they went on general sale, those who already had a ticket should NOT have been allowed to buy another one. Everybody should have had to buy their own ticket using their own fan ID. Not, as was the case, being able to buy up to 10 if you had that many valid fan IDs. I realise some might want to sit together but IMO naking sure allocation of tickets is fair then 1 per ID should have been the way.[/QUOTE

MA agree about the one ticket per ID but assuming all 21,500 season ticket holders bought one each we wouldn't sell out would we

I went online at 11-30 and number 3100 in queue
    Cousin went online at 11-55 and number 1100 in queue.
    How the **** does that work then ?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)