+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Derby vs Villa........

Derby vs Villa........

Who knows what’s gonna happen here! In reality and if I’m honest I didn’t expect us to reach the final! However we are there and on our own merits.....

1-0 Derby win for me with a powerful header from Keogh!

COYR

Quote Originally Posted by Rich2462 View Post
    Who knows what’s gonna happen here! In reality and if I’m honest I didn’t expect us to reach the final! However we are there and on our own merits.....

COYR
    I'd like that, closure for him and us after the QPR game

Quote Originally Posted by Rich2462 View Post

COYR
    Rich admire your confidence this is going to be a very hard game They have some great players Mcginn and Grealish best midfielders in the division Houriane can score from anywhere Abraham a massive threat he just squatted Keogh and Tomori aside in the league matd ch But as I said before the Leeds match this is Derby always expect the unexpected

I think they'll win and have had £300 on them to do so at 8/13 (promotion), cushion blow type bet

But their fans are thinking its a foregone conclusion because of that 4-0 at Villa Park, not good to get complacent, esp with the way we set up that day, 4231 formation? with Bird and Evans in holding mid positions, Holmes in the number 10 role behind Marriott, with Bennett and Jezefzoon as the wingers, it was horrendous just looking at it pre match, never mind watching it pan out

Marriott was left totally isolated, Bennett and Jozefzoon were totally wasted in that set up, what made Lampard go with Evans and an untested ****ager in such important postions I'll never know

No Mount, Wilson, Johnson, Bogle, Waghorn and Roos, it was a total train wreck

If Villas players are thinking they are getting the same team and system as that game then they could come a right cropper

I think they'll win and have had £300 on them to do so at 8/13 (promotion), cushion blow type bet

But their fans are thinking its a foregone conclusion because of that 4-0 at Villa Park, not good to get complacent, esp with the way we set up that day, 4231 formation? with Bird and Evans in holding mid positions, Holmes in the number 10 role behind Marriott, with Bennett and Jezefzoon as the wingers, it was horrendous just looking at it pre match, never mind watching it pan out

Marriott was left totally isolated, Bennett and Jozefzoon were totally wasted in that set up, what made Lampard go with Evans and an untested ****ager in such important postions I'll never know

No Mount, Wilson, Johnson, Bogle, Waghorn, Lawrence and Roos, it was a total train wreck

If Villas players are thinking they are getting the same team and system as that game then they could come a right cropper

We will be setting up totally different with a totally different looking team

Roos
    Cole Tomori Keogh Bogle
    Johnson
    Mount Wilson
    Lawrence
    Marriott Bennett/Wagohorn

That looks totally unrecognisable to

Carson
    Cole Tomori Keogh Wisdom
    Evans Bird
    Bennett Holmes Jozef
    Marriott

Mind boggling Lampard even thought that Villa Park team was anywhere near good enough

It was a ploy by Frank to mislead them for the expected playoff final. Put out a weak team and lull them into a sense of false security. We are the team of destiny, our name is "on the trophy", keep the faith, 2-0 win

Just a thought, mind, but weren't most of the players "missing" that day out because they were injured? Wasn't Carson preferred to Roos at the time?

No surprise to me that FL picked what he thought was his best keeper at the time and left out players who were injured.

Quote Originally Posted by DCFCArmy View Post

No Mount, Wilson, Johnson, Bogle, Waghorn, Lawrence and Roos, it was a total train wreck

We will be setting up totally different with a totally different looking team

Roos
    Cole Tomori Keogh Bogle
    Johnson
    Mount Wilson
    Lawrence
    Marriott Bennett/Wagohorn

That looks totally unrecognisable to

Carson
    Cole Tomori Keogh Wisdom
    Evans Bird
    Bennett Holmes Jozef
    Marriott

Mind boggling Lampard even thought that Villa Park team was anywhere near good enough
    Point well made...very different side and set up so who can tell?

Odds still favour Villa but I’m coming round to Parky’s ‘destiny’ view.
    Another good omen? I’ve been at three of our last four Wembley trips and have a 0% Wembley record. Failed dismally to get a ticket on Sunday...luck of the draw I guess...so I won’t be there just as I wasn’t in 2007 when I was out of the country...look what happened then.

Think we’ll win...on penalties!

I don't think they were injured just tired and Lampard gave them a rest

He did similar in the Leeds legue away match as well

Carson
    Lowe Tomori Keogh Wisdom
    Mount Evans Bryson
    Lawrence Marriott Holmes

He then switched Holmes to right back at half time? that midfield was awful again there as well, no waghorn to hold the ball up, Marriott totally isolated up top again because no one could get close to him

I'm starting to think he was doing it all on purpose as well, those two away games were so bad he must have been?

Would be hilarious if we did it on Monday and all becomes clear lol

Max Lowe played the home game as well (1-4)

If we win on Monday I'll admit it was all done on purpose hahaha

Max Lowe at left back absolutely bonkers

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)