Get your very own personalised THE EXEC LOUNGE gifts!
Results 1 to 18 of 18

Thread: Killie getting in on the act

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    17,560

    Killie getting in on the act

    Happy they won today but playing beautiful sunday after the game for post match celebrations, they'd already played their own anthem paper roses

    Well known beautiful sunday and love is in the air are DU anthems for decades, been belted out on any great DUFC occasion since the mid 1990s including before and after cup finals, seems to be a recent trend other clubs just deciding they are going to use it, although not quite as nauseating as Celtic creating a version with ira lyrics

    Never heard it sung or played by anyone else until the last couple years, coincidence or just a modern thing? Gets right on my tits, even though imitation is a form of flattery

    On another note, so glad we don't use that irritating tune many clubs fans use right now, it's crap, the one Liverpool sing, rangers and many others, keech, Tannadice was bouncing the other night with any new copycat trendy songs at an absolute minimum, so glad we have a varied and cracking repertoire

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    12,716
    The Liverpool song about their past glories in europe should be left to them but the tune is being belted out all over their and our country now.the FUN have a version too here is the first verse.

    We went into ADMIN and we're never gonna stop,
    ripping aff the taxman and you phucking lot!,
    we were all DEEfiant in the year of 2010,
    Calum and fat Harry gave us ADMIN once again!.

    Ole Ole Ole,Ole Ole Ole.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    17,560


    I hope they sing it next time we play them

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    12,716
    You were right by the way the Shankly almost empty on the highlights

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    12,716
    Verse two goes like this.

    The tumbleweed is blowing doon the Derry slope,
    it ends up in a trolley once used in a shop,
    we did once win the Scottish in the year of 1910,
    but that witch on the Vicky screamed never again.


    Ole ole ole,ole ole ole







    Ole Ole Ole,
    Ole Ole Ole.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    681
    I still prefer beautiful Monday though guys

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,515
    Daniel Boone who wrote and sung it is supposedly a Utd fan.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    1,661
    Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    Happy they won today but playing beautiful sunday after the game for post match celebrations, they'd already played their own anthem paper roses

    Well known beautiful sunday and love is in the air are DU anthems for decades, been belted out on any great DUFC occasion since the mid 1990s including before and after cup finals, seems to be a recent trend other clubs just deciding they are going to use it, although not quite as nauseating as Celtic creating a version with ira lyrics

    Never heard it sung or played by anyone else until the last couple years, coincidence or just a modern thing? Gets right on my tits, even though imitation is a form of flattery

    On another note, so glad we don't use that irritating tune many clubs fans use right now, it's crap, the one Liverpool sing, rangers and many others, keech, Tannadice was bouncing the other night with any new copycat trendy songs at an absolute minimum, so glad we have a varied and cracking repertoire
    Well I heard that stupid 'Woh-oh-oh-oh' Celtic song being sung quite a lot on Friday night so that kind of spoils your argument. To be honest I thought it was majorly cringeworthy and I wish we would stick to our own songs.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    17,560
    It doesn't spoil my argument at it was covered where I said "kept to an absolute minimum"...

    That's song is the reason I added that as its the only one in that bracket... Not that keen on it myself, seemed to start in Dingwall in October, I prefer "oh oh oh dundee united", we've sung it for a decade now (see below from 2009 ish) , it's much much better and unique to us in Scotland pretty much


    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gcIeCOrpyBA

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by num1adi View Post
    I still prefer beautiful Monday though guys
    what trophy did you guys get for that again?

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by jjaflup22 View Post
    Well I heard that stupid 'Woh-oh-oh-oh' Celtic song being sung quite a lot on Friday night so that kind of spoils your argument. To be honest I thought it was majorly cringeworthy and I wish we would stick to our own songs.
    Have to agree - think the copied Celtic song is cringey. Though were not the only ones to copy it either.

    I do prefer the one that Shedka mentions above, which I cant remember getting much of an airing on Friday.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by jjaflup22 View Post
    Well I heard that stupid 'Woh-oh-oh-oh' Celtic song being sung quite a lot on Friday night so that kind of spoils your argument. To be honest I thought it was majorly cringeworthy and I wish we would stick to our own songs.
    Argument??? Never saw one! Statement , yes! Being the first post , can't be arguing with anyone

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,515
    I've never liked "We're utd supporters, faithful blah blah" as we pinched that from Celtic. The famous Iceland clapping chant thing was meant to be taken from Motherwell doing the Sieb..clap clap....Sieb...clap clap....Sieb chant, which we also pinched! I think Motherwell played some Icelandic team in Europe who took it back there?

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    681
    I
    Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    what trophy did you guys get for that again?
    None remind what trophy united won on a beautiful Sunday
    I just like the lyrics to beautiful Monday much better

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    247
    Quote Originally Posted by jjaflup22 View Post
    Well I heard that stupid 'Woh-oh-oh-oh' Celtic song being sung quite a lot on Friday night so that kind of spoils your argument. To be honest I thought it was majorly cringeworthy and I wish we would stick to our own songs.
    I think that song is a dirge and should be immediately dropped from the 'playlist'.

    Much prefer songs like 'Glory, Glory...and The Shed go marching on' and also just the plain old 'UNITED' repeated chant is great. Especially when the different sections of the ground get it together enough to sing the same song at the same time lol.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    17,560
    Quote Originally Posted by arabmark View Post
    Have to agree - think the copied Celtic song is cringey. Though were not the only ones to copy it either.

    I do prefer the one that Shedka mentions above, which I cant remember getting much of an airing on Friday.

    Agree, it's much better and should be the go to chant instead of the Celtic copy

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    1,661
    Quote Originally Posted by Yeats 62 View Post
    Argument??? Never saw one! Statement , yes! Being the first post , can't be arguing with anyone
    Wit?

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by num1adi View Post
    I
    None remind what trophy united won on a beautiful Sunday
    I just like the lyrics to beautiful Monday much better
    f uck, i coulda sworn you got a trophy for it being the biggest achievement the majority of your fans?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •