+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Killie getting in on the act

Killie getting in on the act

Happy they won today but playing beautiful sunday after the game for post match celebrations, they'd already played their own anthem paper roses

Well known beautiful sunday and love is in the air are DU anthems for decades, been belted out on any great DUFC occasion since the mid 1990s including before and after cup finals, seems to be a recent trend other clubs just deciding they are going to use it, although not quite as nauseating as Celtic creating a version with ira lyrics

Never heard it sung or played by anyone else until the last couple years, coincidence or just a modern thing? Gets right on my tits, even though imitation is a form of flattery

On another note, so glad we don't use that irritating tune many clubs fans use right now, it's crap, the one Liverpool sing, rangers and many others, keech, Tannadice was bouncing the other night with any new copycat trendy songs at an absolute minimum, so glad we have a varied and cracking repertoire

The Liverpool song about their past glories in europe should be left to them but the tune is being belted out all over their and our country now.the FUN have a version too here is the first verse.

We went into ADMIN and we're never gonna stop,
    ripping aff the taxman and you phucking lot!,
    we were all DEEfiant in the year of 2010,
    Calum and fat Harry gave us ADMIN once again!.

Ole Ole Ole,Ole Ole Ole.

I hope they sing it next time we play them

You were right by the way the Shankly almost empty on the highlights

Verse two goes like this.

The tumbleweed is blowing doon the Derry slope,
    it ends up in a trolley once used in a shop,
    we did once win the Scottish in the year of 1910,
    but that witch on the Vicky screamed never again.

Ole ole ole,ole ole ole

Ole Ole Ole,
    Ole Ole Ole.

I still prefer beautiful Monday though guys

Daniel Boone who wrote and sung it is supposedly a Utd fan.

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    Happy they won today but playing beautiful sunday after the game for post match celebrations, they'd already played their own anthem paper roses

Well known beautiful sunday and love is in the air are DU anthems for decades, been belted out on any great DUFC occasion since the mid 1990s including before and after cup finals, seems to be a recent trend other clubs just deciding they are going to use it, although not quite as nauseating as Celtic creating a version with ira lyrics

Never heard it sung or played by anyone else until the last couple years, coincidence or just a modern thing? Gets right on my tits, even though imitation is a form of flattery

On another note, so glad we don't use that irritating tune many clubs fans use right now, it's crap, the one Liverpool sing, rangers and many others, keech, Tannadice was bouncing the other night with any new copycat trendy songs at an absolute minimum, so glad we have a varied and cracking repertoire
    Well I heard that stupid 'Woh-oh-oh-oh' Celtic song being sung quite a lot on Friday night so that kind of spoils your argument. To be honest I thought it was majorly cringeworthy and I wish we would stick to our own songs.

It doesn't spoil my argument at it was covered where I said "kept to an absolute minimum"...

That's song is the reason I added that as its the only one in that bracket... Not that keen on it myself, seemed to start in Dingwall in October, I prefer "oh oh oh dundee united", we've sung it for a decade now (see below from 2009 ish) , it's much much better and unique to us in Scotland pretty much

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gcIeCOrpyBA

Quote Originally Posted by num1adi View Post
    I still prefer beautiful Monday though guys
    what trophy did you guys get for that again?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)