+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: FAO Pass n Move

FAO Pass n Move

Just watched a great documentary on Beeb IPlayer about Jocky Wilson , warts n all .

Really enjoyed it mate .

Cheers mate al enjoy that.

Enjoyed that, top stuff Animal. Always liked Jocky the player, you couldn't help but not like him. Maybe the background behind the sport made it so appealing to so many. Ordinary working/out of work blowks faced with the same rigours in life and darts presented an opportunity. There's a stereotypical view by many towards darts which I don't like.

It's sad how it ended for Jocky, reminds me of Paul Gascoigne in a way, the similar back grounds they both grew up in made it almost impossible to cope with the limelight, expectations and the pressure. Both turned to alcohol and it's not nice. Despite Jockys unpredictability whilst under the influence, you can see he had the total respect of his fellow professionals despite the mistakes he made. A down to earth character and great player. Any double world champion at any given sport goes down as a all time great in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    Enjoyed that, top stuff Animal. Always liked Jocky the player, you couldn't help but not like him. Maybe the background behind the sport made it so appealing to so many. Ordinary working/out of work blowks faced with the same rigours in life and darts presented an opportunity. There's a stereotypical view by many towards darts which I don't like.

It's sad how it ended for Jocky, reminds me of Paul Gascoigne in a way, the similar back grounds they both grew up in made it almost impossible to cope with the limelight, expectations and the pressure. Both turned to alcohol and it's not nice. Despite Jockys unpredictability whilst under the influence, you can see he had the total respect of his fellow professionals despite the mistakes he made. A down to earth character and great player. Any double world champion at any given sport goes down as a all time great in my opinion.
    Very sad last few years of his life Pass but Jocky made his mark on the world and not many of us can say that .

Different times and a different breed to today , beer and fags were what they were and typical of the sport back then , they didn't know anything else .

Glad you enjoyed it Pass .