+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Records you wish you had kept from your younger days.

O/T Records you wish you had kept from your younger days.

Mine would be The Undisputed Truth - Smiling Faces Sometimes originally by the Temptations but this version blows that out of the water.

The Undisputed Truth were great band and recorded the original version of Papa Was A Rollin' Stone which in my opinion also blows the Temptations version out of the water.

Midget Submarines by Swell which blows the Beatles Yellow Submarine out of the water.

I didn't buy records when I was young but inherited a large collection of singles left at the Bridge Inn c 1963. Lost the lot in a house move. Worked in a record shop in 1970s and built up a large collection of LPs including some rare promotional ones. Lost all the covers in a house flood in 1999. Now I just d/l stuff onto my Ipod Classic 160GB. Not the same has having the records.

Still got the original Sticky Fingers album with the the zip and artwork by Andy Warhol in a frame on the wall. Maybe not worth a great deal but one of the best albums of all time anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by sota View Post
    Still got the original Sticky Fingers album with the the zip and artwork by Andy Warhol in a frame on the wall. Maybe not worth a great deal but one of the best albums of all time anyway.
    Interesting you mention that album, sota. It gave us great problems as the zip caused many copies to warp in storage or transport and we were forever having customers bring the damn thing back.

Currently own around 4000 albums, but still looking for more !

Nice to know I'm not on my own when it comes to collecting records. currently have around 300+ singles after having a lot stolen in a house robbery a few years ago :-( I guess I'm lucky in a way that they didnt know the value of the records they took because they left the ones that are worth a few bob lol

Quote Originally Posted by Townerslovechild View Post
    New shop in Parkgate mate selling vinyl records,trouble is he knows the price.You could pick them up for nothing at one time but they are jumping on the bandwagon now.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolmorgan View Post
    New shop in Parkgate mate selling vinyl records,trouble is he knows the price.You could pick them up for nothing at one time but they are jumping on the bandwagon now.
    Records on the Stax label seem to be fetching a decent price.

Quote Originally Posted by Townerslovechild View Post
    I’ve been looking for an Album by Orange Bicycle for over 30yrs & still cannot get it.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast