+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: O/T Records you wish you had kept from your younger days.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    I’m a vinyl fan having seen it wane and be reborn.

What makes me smile though is the market for vinyl records that are “mint’ or in some cases in their original shrink wrap ( an American thing) there are even higher prices for the same songs with a different coloured label.

Just what are records for, playing and listening to or for locking away and occasionally being looked at ( not played) like they were the Crown Jewels.
    Record collectors are a weird breed Grist lol. I suppose they get a kick from owning a rare record just as much as I get a kick from listening to a cracking tune.

Quote Originally Posted by wendun View Post
    I never play LPs, CDs or DVDs but keep them pristine in their original shrink. I then d/l a pirate version to play. Mind you I might be odd as I still have loads of shirts unworn in their wrappers some I bought 20 years ago.
    Shirts in wrappers, you must be one of those dedicated followers of fashion I remember someone singing about

Talking of cracking tunes.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Shirts in wrappers, you must be one of those dedicated followers of fashion I remember someone singing about
    I wear the same type of stuff all the time: hiking boots, Chinese made walking trousers with multiple pockets and elasticated waist and fleecy-lined checked workshirts.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLadonOS View Post
    Talking of cracking tunes.

Never heard this version. The Temptations 1972 single has an introduction that's brilliant. The vocals on your version are better but that temptations intro is just soooooooooooo good.
    Last edited by wendun; 23-05-2019 at 07:15 AM.

Never heard this version. The Temptations 1972 single has an introduction that's brilliant. The vocals on your version are better but that temptations intro is just soooooooooooo good.
    Your right wendin the Temps intro is superb but I still think this original version blows it out of the water.

Temps version 8.5/10
    This version 10/10

Did you ever here this version wendun?

I wear the same type of stuff all the time: hiking boots, Chinese made walking trousers with multiple pockets and elasticated waist and fleecy-lined checked workshirts.
    All the time? No wonder Mrs Monty has banned you from the bedroom Olympics

Good evening to one and all. I own around 4000 albums which are mainly made up of electronica and good old pop music. Those on here who remember me (sorry for posting again, I’ll be off again soon) will know I have a penchant for collecting Pet Shop Boys records and memorabilia. The ‘jewel in the crown’ is this (link below), which I play sporadically, but mainly sits in a display cabinet under lock and key.

https://www.discogs.com/Pet-Shop-Boy...aign=iOS%20App

Quote Originally Posted by poddington View Post
    Good evening to one and all. I own around 4000 albums which are mainly made up of electronica and good old pop music. Those on here who remember me (sorry for posting again, I’ll be off again soon) will know I have a penchant for collecting Pet Shop Boys records and memorabilia. The ‘jewel in the crown’ is this (link below), which I play sporadically, but mainly sits in a display cabinet under lock and key.

https://www.discogs.com/Pet-Shop-Boy...aign=iOS%20App
    Should be worth a few quid Pod, I regret throwing mine.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast