+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T On Your Feet or On Your Knees

Quote Originally Posted by forwardmagpie View Post
    Just fact checking here Elite - can you let me know the last time a party set up for 2 months has been the favourite to win an election.
    Not bad for a leader with very little intelligence wit or personality.
    It's never happened before, because politics in this country have never been at a level as low as this. The dissatisfaction with the major parties is such that even an obnoxious little turd like Farage can attract support. Fortunately this election is pretty meaningless, I only hope some sort of sanity prevails (among politicians and voters) before we have the next important one.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post

As for La Pie. Why should it change an opinion?
    It was meant to stop them speaking out, because the person doing the throwing didn't like what they say. There's a word for that.
    Yes. Nonsense.

I don't like what you say. Have I stopped you speaking? No. Therefore: nonsense.

Please also clarify what you mean by "Why should it change an opinion?"

Ta.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    It's never happened before, because politics in this country have never been at a level as low as this. The dissatisfaction with the major parties is such that even an obnoxious little turd like Farage can attract support. Fortunately this election is pretty meaningless, I only hope some sort of sanity prevails (among politicians and voters) before we have the next important one.
    Good argument, calling someone you disagree with an obnoxious little turd makes things much clearer - thanks

No I didn't.
    I said, he was a complete nut job, who seized on far right ideology for his imbalanced mind.
    My point is anyone can be seen to be a far right extremist or far left extremist if you want to cling to their comic collection.
    You was calling Muslim terrorists in the same category before.
    The difference of being groomed and programmed in a mosque. Is way different from being deranged to start with.

You're the one who is hilarious. If you think throwing a milk shake for an opinion is ok because you don't like the man. Then where does it not become ok? Jo Cox?
    From wiki
    Thomas Alexander Mair, a 52-year-old unemployed gardener[20] born in Scotland, had a long history of mental health problems[21][1] though he was declared sane in the moment of the crime [22] He believed individuals of liberal and left-wing political viewpoints, and the mainstream media, were the cause of the world's problems.[1] He targeted Cox, a "passionate defender" of the European Union and immigration, because he saw her as "one of 'the collaborators' [and] a traitor" to white people.[1]

A police official described Mair as a "loner in the truest sense of the word ... who never held down a job, never had a girlfriend [and] never [had] any friends".[1] The Guardian said that he "appears to have fantasised about killing a 'collaborator' for more than 17 years, drawing inspiration from" David Copeland.[1]

The evening before killing Cox, Mair visited a treatment centre in Birstall seeking help for depression; he was told to return the next day for an appointment.[30] However, Mair's health was not part of the defence case in the trial.[31] After his arrest, he was examined by a psychiatrist who found no evidence that Mair's mental health was so impaired that he could not be held responsible for his conduct.[1]

You never answered the Corbyn and Prescott incidents I notice.
    I have always despised terrorists from whatever persuasion equally. You have always gone out of your way to justify the actions of those batting for the 'home team'. I have never said it was ok to throw milkshake at anyone, my comments were more aimed at Farage's limp reaction to it. The bloke who threw the milkshake (just like the Corbyn, Prescott, Soubry and any other attackers of this kind) should be dealt with by whatever the law prescribes for their offences.

As for La Pie. Why should it change an opinion?
    It was meant to stop them speaking out, because the person doing the throwing didn't like what they say. There's a word for that.
    Pretty much what I was saying. It will only stop you speaking out if you are weak enough to let it, and Farage was. He missed a great opportunity to show that he was the better man by showing that he was the lesser man.

Quote Originally Posted by forwardmagpie View Post
    Good argument, calling someone you disagree with an obnoxious little turd makes things much clearer - thanks
    I apologise for calling Farage an obnoxious little turd.

To obnoxious little turds everywhere I'm sorry for likening you to Farage.

I apologise for calling Farage an obnoxious little turd.

To obnoxious little turds everywhere I'm sorry for likening you to Farage.
    He's got a point though, Elite. Perhaps you could explain why you have such a low opinion. An opinion I share as it happens but, just leaving it at an insult isn't in the spirit of fair debate.

Quote Originally Posted by sevens_a_secret View Post
    He's got a point though, Elite. Perhaps you could explain why you have such a low opinion. An opinion I share as it happens but, just leaving it at an insult isn't in the spirit of fair debate.
    His hypocrisy and idleness above all else. His attendance and voting record at the EU was among the worst, but when it came to claiming expenses he was always at the front of the queue. In the spirit of fair debate, I would love to see his fan club list his good points.

His hypocrisy and idleness above all else. His attendance and voting record at the EU was among the worst, but when it came to claiming expenses he was always at the front of the queue. In the spirit of fair debate, I would love to see his fan club list his good points.
    Thanks. So would I.

I think he's backwards facing. Wants to take us back to some golden past that we've already improved on. But he and his followers are failing to see that it's the future rushing towards us that we need to be looking at.

Quote Originally Posted by sevens_a_secret View Post
    Thanks. So would I.

I think he's backwards facing. Wants to take us back to some golden past that we've already improved on. But he and his followers are failing to see that it's the future rushing towards us that we need to be looking at.
    I’m not sure he’s even as high minded as that. I think nowadays his interest in politics is purely financial.

The Brexit Party doesn’t have members, it has marks.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    I’m not sure he’s even as high minded as that. I think nowadays his interest in politics is purely financial.

The Brexit Party doesn’t have members, it has marks.
    But that's not unique to Farage. It's the guiding principle of capitalism.

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast