+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T On Your Feet or On Your Knees

ahhhhh politics
    Brexit....
    House of Lords..
    It a bit like watching that children’s tv series years ago with the krankies

I view several papers online and I feel that the Guardian is the paper that strives best to present a balanced viewpoint. Because it often favours the underdog, it gets accused of being left wing.
    We live in a largely right wing world ruled by the rich and powerful - the Establishment. They are very clever at setting the climate in a way favourable to them and hardly detectable by the mass of people.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    I view several papers online and I feel that the Guardian is the paper that strives best to present a balanced viewpoint. Because it often favours the underdog, it gets accused of being left wing.
    We live in a largely right wing world ruled by the rich and powerful - the Establishment. They are very clever at setting the climate in a way favourable to them and hardly detectable by the mass of people.
    Spot on that sidders

Quote Originally Posted by The-Mac pie View Post
    ahhhhh politics
    Brexit....
    House of Lords..
    It a bit like watching that children’s tv series years ago with the krankies
    And Mr Mac pie, you support a football club that is riddled with political intrigue. Politics isn't only about political parties, you know.

I’d like to say take I can take them seriously..
    But......
    I just can’t...
    I thought notts county were in a mess..
    But this country is being taken to its knees

Correct Sid. Other newspapers are owned by non domiciled tax avoiding billionaires. Guess whose interests they represent?

Looks like the Tories are finally getting rid of May. Europe claims another PM. Who’ll be the next clown promising unicorns?

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Correct Sid. Other newspapers are owned by non domiciled tax avoiding billionaires. Guess whose interests they represent?

Looks like the Tories are finally getting rid of May. Europe claims another PM. Who’ll be the next clown promising unicorns?
    Infact..
    Hardy for “Priminister”

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post

Bring it on Nigel.

I can't agree with that at all. The Guardian doesn't favour the underdog except in patronising articles where journalists leave their London bubble on an awayday to somewhere suitably Northern (to them), like Stoke, Middlesborough or Wigan and select interviewees to say stupid and predictable things to make the Guardian's point. That point is generally that the working classes are stupid and not fit to hold opnions which disagree with the intellectual elite. Like voting Leave, for example.

The Guardian is part of the Establishment. Can I suggest a better paper that you can trust? No, unfortunately.
    Last edited by Bohinen; 22-05-2019 at 04:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JoePass View Post
    Bring it on Nigel.
    Please don’t call me Nigel.

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast