+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T On Your Feet or On Your Knees

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-48337499

This is what I meant when I said 'anonymous donors yes please'.

The Brexit Party has raised a lot of money in a short time and doesn't verify the names of people donating less than 500 pounds via PayPal as other parties do, which is not an offence on itself unless the same donor donates more than 500 pounds. Problem is that unless you verify the names you have no way of knowing, so a rich foreign businessman or hostile foreign power could have paid for this and there is no way of knowing. The Brexit Party hasn't broken any laws with this but let's say does things a bit differently.

Farage says it's all above board and it's a smear campaign, but remember that Leave.eu (which is basically Farage, Banks et al) denied all wrongdoing regarding campaign finance for the referendum, called it a smear, then in the end quietly admitted breaking the law.

Oh yes and now Farage wants to dismantle the Electoral Commission, so nothing suspicious at all.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/b...ting-gzcdcj23l

This is what I meant when I said 'convicted money launderer as trusty fundraiser'.

The latter part of the article is behind a pay wall but the first part tells you all you need to know.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.the...w-grade-people

This is an interview from December 2016, so just after the US elections, when Farage was positioning himself physically and metaphorically somewhere up Donald Trump's golden lift shaft.

He describes the rank and file of UKIP as 'low grade people' but don't worry Brexiters I'm sure he doesn't think that about you.

The fact that he was privately educated is common knowledge. The free house and chauffeur driven car has been dealt with by other posters, so let's skip that and move on to the Assange thing.

Here's honest Nige pictured coming out of the Ecuadorian Embassy in 2017. He was also named in an American enquiry as having given a USB drive to Assange before this particular embassy visit, although I have no idea if that claim is true or not.

Anyway Assange is linked to Russian intelligence in the recent report into interference in the US elections, and here's our hero going to have a chat with him. Maybe it was a perfectly innocent visit to ask him if he fancied an interview, but you could easily just send Assange an email, I don't think there was much chance of him being away from his desk.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/marielecont...JV#.kdJO1g28N9

Quote Originally Posted by JoePass View Post
    Driller is your typical losing remainer. If you don’t like the opposition try to smear them with innuendos and lies. I have a simple answer to this, if you don’t like him, don’t vote for him, it’s called democracy. We will soon be able to see if the smears have worked.
    You're the man who is only capable of writing 'Marxist scum' whenever anybody mentions Jeremy Corbyn but hopefully you've seen the light and will be engaging in sensible debate rather than smears from now on.

Quote Originally Posted by optipez View Post
    You've lost the plot Driller. Farage must be the most investigated politician in the country. They've got nothing. The party funding is fake news writ large, his education class politics writ large. How can you blame a boy for the school he's sent to ? That he isn't shelf stacking and living in a bedsit may disappoint you but most people aren't that embittered.

You hate Brexit, fair enough, but smearing Farage demeans you it shows you've given up on reason and decided to play the man not the ball.

There is just no argument that democracy hasn't been trashed by this government and parliament. The vote was three years ago, two missed deadlines later we're still in. You pride yourself on making logical, reasoned posts. You've now trashed yourself and gone pot smoking conspiracy theory nut job, the full Adonis.
    Oh come on, I'm not blaming him for his private education, his wealth or his successful networking, I just find his 'man of the people' act extremely tiresome considering he's the establishment personified.

Quote Originally Posted by SmiffyPie View Post
    Can't disagree with that at all. Pity there isn't an impartial source of news these days.
    Umm, just remind me, Smiffy, when were the days that news came from an impartial source? Could it be that we are more aware these days that the presenter of news is often the mediator of news too?

Please Mr FA can Notts County play all the matches they lost again?

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    Oh come on, I'm not blaming him for his private education, his wealth or his successful networking, I just find his 'man of the people' act extremely tiresome considering he's the establishment personified.
    Interesting reading - thanks Driller

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    Umm, just remind me, Smiffy, when were the days that news came from an impartial source? Could it be that we are more aware these days that the presenter of news is often the mediator of news too?
    You are right of course. But I am sure we all remember the days when you had a fair chance of getting some sort of balanced view from a broadsheet, even if the balance was 60/40 in favour of the owner/editor. These days everything is either rabid left or rabid right and the opposite view is tantamount to blasphemy!

Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast