+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T The Traitor May

O/T The Traitor May

... anyone else despise the traitorous establishment patsy May ... who tried to deliver Brexit in name only ... and who will stand there on the 6th June representing us to the world on the anniversary of one of the great events in world history.

She's a hero. Single-handedly destroyed the Tory party and maybe even saved you mugs from the Brexit you fell for. What's not to love.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlackHorse View Post
    ... anyone else despise the traitorous establishment patsy May ... who tried to deliver Brexit in name only ... and who will stand there on the 6th June representing us to the world on the anniversary of one of the great events in world history.
    I don't despise her, but I'm glad she's gone because she was a barrier to progress. She should have stepped down after the General Election, having manifestly failed to achieve her own stated objective of strengthening her hand to negotiate and deliver Brexit. Instead, she went into denial mode and soldiered on, trying to sneak through a deal that was never remotely acceptable, and reneging on her own mantra that "no deal is better than a bad deal".

Quote Originally Posted by frenchmagpie View Post
    She's a hero. Single-handedly destroyed the Tory party and maybe even saved you mugs from the Brexit you fell for. What's not to love.
    Unlikely on both fronts. The OP will probably get his wish as Boris drives us off the cliff with no deal come October, and even as he ruins the country, a majority of idiots will think he's a great bloke and a bit of a character - I mean look at him, what a lovable rogue!

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    Unlikely on both fronts. The OP will probably get his wish as Boris drives us off the cliff with no deal come October, and even as he ruins the country, a majority of idiots will think he's a great bloke and a bit of a character - I mean look at him, what a lovable rogue!

Miles better than that Marxist lover of our enemies, what a tramp.

Quote Originally Posted by JoePass View Post
    Miles better than that Marxist lover of our enemies, what a tramp.
    Actually, I think the official line is 'terrorist-loving marxist tramp.'

The media keep using the line that Parliament "won't vote for a No Deal", which is irrelevant because they don't have to. No Deal is the default position and the only way for MPs to stop it is by actively voting for a deal or to revoke Article 50.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    The media keep using the line that Parliament "won't vote for a No Deal", which is irrelevant because they don't have to. No Deal is the default position and the only way for MPs to stop it is by actively voting for a deal or to revoke Article 50.
    Is correct.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    In truth, I've come to the conclusion it's the only way we will ever be able to leave. The democracy deniers will never vote for any 'deal' as they only want to remain in the EU and regardless of the terms, they will always find an excuse not to vote for it. Any 2nd referendum is just an excuse to have a re-run of the first, simply because they didn't get the outcome they wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlackHorse View Post
    Can't say that I've ever met Mrs. May so I can't despise her I'm afraid. I've only seen her on telly etc. She was dealt an unplayable hand and duly lost the game although history may one day judge that her creation of this huge delay may just save things in the long term. IMHO this kind of sensationalist name calling is not helpful at such a crucial moment in our nation's history. It smacks of Trumpian transparent rabble rousing and I find it all a bit cringeworthy to be frank.
    Last edited by SwalePie; 26-05-2019 at 02:07 PM.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast