Here we go again as another manager runs away at the first offer from another club that comes his way. No sooner had the season finished with a new manager in charge, we find ourselves back to square one.
I’m here until I’m not wanted, I am here for the long term, I have a project to see through, kiss the badge, blah blah blah, heard it all before from Martinez, Rodgers, and now Potter. Is there no loyalty left in football.
One thing is for sure, the last three years have been an unmitigated disaster, since our American hedge fund owners took charge in 2016.
We were a stable Premier League club when they took over, with no debt. Three years later we are a manager-less mid table Championship club with 19 players gone last season alone, and a £30 million black hole to fill.
They have invested zilch, zero, zip, nada, of their own money since purchasing majority shares from the sell outs, and only sold and sold player assets for peanuts and brought inferior players in.
With no obvious intentions to get us back up to the PL, they are still in the process of selling anything with a pulse, and have moved on from selling the senior players to selling the youngsters, who are the future of the club.
What a bleak outlook it is with these people in charge. They are ashamed to show their faces after what they’ve done, and haven’t been seen at the club for over a year.
They’ve mis-managed the club to such a degree that no manager in their right mind would want to come here.