+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Offer another contract ?

Offer another contract ?

There are a few guys going back to parent clubs and others leaving Queens for pre contracts elsewhere. Dobbie is the only player under contract for 19/20 so who would you offer a contract extension to and who should be shown the door ? A huge rebuilding job for AJ and will not be easy on the money we can afford compared to others. Whatever, I'm looking forward to more attacking football than under Gary, taking the game to the opposition .
    Last edited by JRSLEFTPEG; 20-05-2019 at 08:28 AM.

Martin- out, but we maybe can't afford a better replacement.
    Leighfield- keep as back-up
    Mehmet- out.
    Mercer- keep
    Brownlie - chase
    Fordyce - out
    Marshall - get him signed
    Doyle - get him signed
    Murray- get him signed
    Stirling - keep, but doubtful if he will be
    Jacobs - not too fussed if he signs or not
    McGrath- chase
    Think that's them all apart from loanees, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Auld_Chippy View Post
    Martin- out, but we maybe can't afford a better replacement.
    Leighfield- keep as back-up
    Mehmet- out.
    Mercer- keep
    Brownlie - chase
    Fordyce - out
    Marshall - get him signed
    Doyle - get him signed
    Murray- get him signed
    Stirling - keep, but doubtful if he will be
    Jacobs - not too fussed if he signs or not
    McGrath- chase
    Think that's them all apart from loanees, etc.

your no far wrong with that assessment of who should stay and go auld chippy ,but id have stirling on a get him signed tag ,great wee player ,one things for sure we need a decent central defence signed up and someone decent to partner dobbs ,stay clear of the rumble types like what we had in dykes i couldnt watch another season with a player like that in the squad dont know how many times i lost my voice moaning at him balls bouncing of his legs and shins while trying to control balls lol .

Quote Originally Posted by Francis_begbie_HFC View Post
    your no far wrong with that assessment of who should stay and go auld chippy ,but id have stirling on a get him signed tag ,great wee player ,one things for sure we need a decent central defence signed up and someone decent to partner dobbs ,stay clear of the rumble types like what we had in dykes i couldnt watch another season with a player like that in the squad dont know how many times i lost my voice moaning at him balls bouncing of his legs and shins while trying to control balls lol .
    Have to disagree about your assessment of Dykes Francis, he's a frustrating player I admit, but he's a much improved player in workrate and attitude this season. He's also been an ever-present and would hardly have secured a move to a (middling) Premiership club like Livingston if they didn't think he had potential. A player like Dobbie needs someone with a bit of physical presence and running to pressure the opponents and Dykes provided this. Last season I would have been delighted he was moving but he's been an important player this term although he left his scoring tally until a bit late.

Didn't think I would say this but Brownlie has impressed me since coming back in. Has been a good ariel threat and has been running out of defence comfortably with the ball at his feet. Maybe I need a lie down in a darkened room, I dont know!

Quote Originally Posted by JRSLEFTPEG View Post
    Didn't think I would say this but Brownlie has impressed me since coming back in. Has been a good ariel threat and has been running out of defence comfortably with the ball at his feet. Maybe I need a lie down in a darkened room, I dont know!
    Just the apparent lack of a brain is his main downfall. He gives away needless fouls in dangerous areas when a bit of composure is needed. Agreed he has played ok during the play-off games but I wouldn't be trusting him as our regular centre half against Championship sides. On the plus side....... sorry went too far there.

Quote Originally Posted by Auld_Chippy View Post
    Just the apparent lack of a brain is his main downfall. He gives away needless fouls in dangerous areas when a bit of composure is needed. Agreed he has played ok during the play-off games but I wouldn't be trusting him as our regular centre half against Championship sides. On the plus side....... sorry went too far there.
    Ha Ha , nice one Anyway, back to the player in person. No matter what the truth about him is , I think we can both agree that he has been more impressive recently than we would have thought I'm going to stick my neck out and say I'd keep him.

Semple to come back on loan from Ross County if he doesn’t get a start up North?

I would also keep Stirling. With the right manager, he could really do well.

Think Marshall May play the same waiting game as last Summer.

Talk of Marshall giving up fulltime football.

Quote Originally Posted by King Dobbie View Post
    Talk of Marshall giving up fulltime football.
    Couldn't imagine Jordan doing that

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)