+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What is a real fan?

What is a real fan?

Yesterday I got my dad some derby county tickets for my dad, within 2 hours it was sold out. Within seconds of it selling out people took to twitter and Facebook complaining that the tickets should be for real fans. Now it made me wonder what is a real fan?

A season ticket holder who bought his first season ticket?
    A kid who became a mascot or flag bearer?
    A old man like my dad who has been a supporter for 55 years but goes to very few games?

When people are vague it confuses the crap out of me, why can’t people just say they are bitter

Silly, your dad's probably around my age so less of the "old man" please! This is a perennial problem and a perennial complaint but your dad should just go and enjoy his day.

Quote Originally Posted by wendun View Post
    Silly, your dad's probably around my age so less of the "old man" please! This is a perennial problem and a perennial complaint but your dad should just go and enjoy his day.
    Lol 😂 sorry Wendun I should have been a bit political about that bit.

He better do it’s cost me £206 pound, il slap 👋 him if he don’t

That’s the way it goes, a big game Charlie’s money is as good as the hardcore die hard’s.

When we got promoted to the 2nd level with Ronnie I only missed 2 games, Liverpool away in the cup and Peterborough away on the final day simply because I couldn’t get time off work to queue for a ticket. Also missed scunny away in the playoffs last season for the same reason and thought where we these people at Gillingham.

I’m sure Derby will have the points system that most clubs who will need it use so if they ain’t got a ticket that’s their fault.

Hope your dad enjoys the day.

Quote Originally Posted by loyalmiller View Post
    That’s the way it goes, a big game Charlie’s money is as good as the hardcore die hard’s.

When we got promoted to the 2nd level with Ronnie I only missed 2 games, Liverpool away in the cup and Peterborough away on the final day simply because I couldn’t get time off work to queue for a ticket. Also missed scunny away in the playoffs last season for the same reason and thought where we these people at Gillingham.

I’m sure Derby will have the points system that most clubs who will need it use so if they ain’t got a ticket that’s their fault.

Hope your dad enjoys the day.
    No points system mate they was on sale on Friday to season tickets holders and members club (which you pay a fee for priority seating at start of season)

Rest was sold online to people with fan IDs (I qualified because I sat in derby end during Rotherham game and I bought my dad a derby vs Wednesday game for his birthday)

Btw he’s on holiday at the min and seemed to get in a argument with a Leeds fan in the bar during that play off game lol

Somebody that lives in Madrid?

I hardly go but I consider myself as a real fan.

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    I hardly go but I consider myself as a real fan.
    Not quite sure how I see myself. In some respects I don't think I've ever got over the Doc effect; all that sudden enthusiasm and belief, crowds of 12-15000 (up from 6000 before) and then disillusionment. I suspect it underlies my relative cynicism because I fell for the hype and really thought we were going places.

No such thing as a real fan. There’s 2 types of fan. Those with tickets and those without tickets. Neither is better than the other.

I always differentiate between fan and supporter.
    Fans come and go depending on how the season is progressing and supporters tend to hang around a bit longer in the hope of a promotion.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast