+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Clarke confirmed as Scotland manager

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zone View Post
    I think a defensive 4411

ODonnell Mulgrew McKenna Taylor
    ArmstrongMcTiminayMcGregorMcLean
    Russell
    BUrke
    I think it will be a 4-2-3-1, bordering on 4-5-1

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Robertson not even on the bench.
    Got to be injured. I’d hope there was not an agreement to once play 1 of the games.

Dropping Fraser, Forrest and McGinn appears that he’s looking to freshen up the team, be defensively strong, counter attack and if were still in it later in the game hope these guys can come off the bench and get something
    Hamstring injury apparently. Either that or didn’t fancy being part of a defence that will ship 5or6 tonight

It could be a 4-6-0

I appreciate Belgium are one of the best sides in the world but the good old Largs tactic of let’s try not to get beat hasn’t worked so far.

A quote from Billy Dodds on the bbc website sums up Scottish football,

“The key to coaching in Scotland is when it's on to play, play. Don't just lump it. If you're under pressure, don't take chances. That'll be the words throughout that back four. They are pretty inexperienced at this level but it'll be about keeping the ball. Keeping it simple“

Plan A - don’t let them score

Plan B- ?

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    I appreciate Belgium are one of the best sides in the world but the good old Largs tactic of let’s try not to get beat hasn’t worked so far.

A quote from Billy Dodds on the bbc website sums up Scottish football,

“The key to coaching in Scotland is when it's on to play, play. Don't just lump it. If you're under pressure, don't take chances. That'll be the words throughout that back four. They are pretty inexperienced at this level but it'll be about keeping the ball. Keeping it simple“

Plan A - don’t let them score

Plan B- ?
    A quote fae Billy Dodds.....aye ok then, that would make sense ??

Ah gather it wis a gubbin .... Ah turned the radio aff when Ah heard the words 'Mulgrew' and 'captain' in the same sentence.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackjarvis View Post
    A quote fae Billy Dodds.....aye ok then, that would make sense ??
    Where did Billy Dodds get his coaching badges?

Where did Billy Dodds get his coaching badges?
    Always amazes me when people talk about why Scottish Football is so shyte, when you can pinpoint the exact day it happened. Craig Brown is the single worst thing that ever happened to the standard of the game here.

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    Always amazes me when people talk about why Scottish Football is so shyte, when you can pinpoint the exact day it happened. Craig Brown is the single worst thing that ever happened to the standard of the game here.
    I know it is,the quote from Billy Dodds last night is more than likely passed down from Craig Brown word for word.

I know it is,the quote from Billy Dodds last night is more than likely passed down from Craig Brown word for word.
    It's probably parts of the rule book. Youth coaching in this country is good in places but it's then stifled by the usual faces. A complete lack of originality and adventure. Too busy keeping an eye on English football from the comfort of Scottish football.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast