+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Clarke confirmed as Scotland manager

Quote Originally Posted by irnbru1903 View Post
    Good luck to him in what is an impossible task given the sicknote nature of the game up here. We will certainly find out if he is the real deal if he can perform the necessary miracles.
    Yeah good luck to him. Good manager in his prime unlike the last few we've had for Scotland boss.

We've got some decent players and some reasonable youngsters coming through - I hope he doesn't go down the route of some previous managers identifying English players who's great granny was born in Scotland who are playing the odd game in the English Championship etc. We need to find a decent striker in the absence of Griffiths. That McBurnie lad isn't good enough, although I see there's talk someone might be spending £12m on him (ridiculous!)

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    Yeah good luck to him. Good manager in his prime unlike the last few we've had for Scotland boss.

We've got some decent players and some reasonable youngsters coming through - I hope he doesn't go down the route of some previous managers identifying English players who's great granny was born in Scotland who are playing the odd game in the English Championship etc. We need to find a decent striker in the absence of Griffiths. That McBurnie lad isn't good enough, although I see there's talk someone might be spending £12m on him (ridiculous!)
    Yeah I’m hoping he continues to pick the likes of McKenna,Soutar etc and tries to get the best out of them instead of looking for English players with Scottish relatives.

Plus I hope the likes of Snodgrass and Ritchie are told to go fvck themselves when they announce they are available for selection again.

Quote Originally Posted by mondo_notion View Post
    JJ hasn't let the rest of us know yet.
    Nah, my bet on Fletcher/Maloney was deemed f ucked a while back.......best wishes to the loon though, hope he does well, only a cheeky wee score donated to the bookies.

SF

Quote Originally Posted by Jackjarvis View Post
    Nah, my bet on Fletcher/Maloney was deemed f ucked a while back.......best wishes to the loon though, hope he does well, only a cheeky wee score donated to the bookies.

SF
    Good job you kept that insider knowledge to yourself ya wee tease. I would have stuck a dead monkey on that.

Terrific appointment. No brainer. Even the SFA couldn't fcuk this one up, based on the limited size of Killie, and the reasonably low wage he was on there.

However, had this vacancy come up in Aug 2017, (ie pre Killie) would anyone had put up their hands asking for Clarke to get the job, despite the success he'd enjoyed as number 2 at Chelsea, West Ham and Liverpool, and head coach in his own right at WBA and Reading? I'm talking the Wegia, the SFA, and us fans here? Very very few, I'll wager.

If he'd been unemployed when Craig Brown vacated the hotseat at Pittodrie in March 2013, would any AFC fans have been putting his name forward? Be honest guys. I certainly wouldn't have.

Kind of shows you the multitude of mangers/coaches/assistant managers out there who could all do a decent job both internationally or domestically, given decent foresight by chairmen.

If you get my drift........
    Last edited by Feck_the_Huns; 20-05-2019 at 07:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Feck_the_Huns View Post
    Terrific appointment. No brainer. Even the SFA couldn't fcuk this one up, based on the limited size of Killie, and the reasonably low wage he was on there.

However, had this vacancy come up in Aug 2017, (ie pre Killie) would anyone had put up their hands asking for Clarke to get the job, despite the success he'd enjoyed as number 2 at Chelsea, West Ham and Liverpool, and head coach in his own right at WBA and Reading? I'm talking the Wegia, the SFA, and us fans here? Very very few, I'll wager.

If he'd been unemployed when Craig Brown vacated the hotseat at Pittodrie in March 2013, would any AFC fans have been putting his name forward? Be honest guys. I certainly wouldn't have.

Kind of shows you the multitude of mangers/coaches/assistant managers out there who could all do a decent job both internationally or domestically, given decent foresight by chairmen.

If you get my drift........
    I might be wrong, however, his salary was certainly not low. I believe a large proportion was funded by a local businessman. Might be ****e.

Quote Originally Posted by thebeachend View Post
    I might be wrong, however, his salary was certainly not low. I believe a large proportion was funded by a local businessman. Might be ****e.
    That's what I heard. On a really big wage paid by one of the directors.

Quote Originally Posted by Feck_the_Huns View Post
    He was, and I did. I think he also interviewed for the hibs job around then and obviously never got it

So... one alkie replaced by another... (allegedly).

PS - F**k the SFA - corrupt Masonic b@stards.

I read Keith Gillespies book yesterday and he said Clarke is the dourest human being he has ever met (he was number 2 to Gullit at Newcastle)

I've been to Northern Ireland and its in their nature to be dour as f@ck there. So for him to say that says a lot about Clarke

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast