https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48303984

Steve Clarke says he wants to emulate the success of the Scotland women's team after being named the country's new head coach.

The 55-year-old replaces Alex McLeish on a three-year deal after leaving Kilmarnock a day on from guiding them to third in the Scottish Premiership.

Scotland sit fifth in their Euro 2020 qualifying group after two games while Shelley Kerr's side are set for next month's Women's World Cup.

"It is an honour," he said.

"I firmly believe we have a talented group of players who can achieve success on the international stage. I look forward to working with them and helping them to fulfil those ambitions.

"I appreciate the Scotland supporters have waited a long time for the national team to qualify for a major tournament. Now we have a Women's World Cup to look forward to in France this summer and it's my motivation to emulate the success of Shelley Kerr and her squad by leading us to EURO 2020.

"I believe we can qualify and look forward to that journey with the players and the fans, starting against Cyprus and Belgium next month."